Technical Writer - remote
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
This job can be done remotely
English - Advanced
Star Storage is a global technology provider that develops and implements professional management and information protection solutions for leading public and private organizations. With over 20 years of experience, its own portfolio of software products and over 500 clients on 4 continents, with a strong expertise in the leading industries such as banking, insurance, telecom, manufacturing, utilities and public administration, the company plays a key role in digital transformation and adoption of mobile and cloud technologies in organizations of any size.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Writer to join the Product Engineering division within Star Storage.
- Prior experience in technical writing and software documentation (minimum 1 year);
- Clear understanding of software development life cycle and previous experience in a software development company (minimum 1 year);
- Good social skills that include the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally;
- Detail-oriented, organized, adaptable to changes and able to multi-task;
- Flexible and ready to deal with ambiguous situations;
- Able to prioritize work while shifting gears between projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in Romanian and English, second foreign language is a plus (French, Spanish, Italian, German);
- Bachelor’s degree or student in Computer Science or related field (nice to have);
- English language certificate (nice to have).
- Create and/or edit technical documentation and maintain documentation for Star Storage software products;
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the products and the documentation requirements;
- Gather more information from reading existing documentation and directly using the Product;
- Write documentation for customers and end-users, as well as general technical documentation;
- Deliver technical documentation within agreed deadlines, identify documentation needs in advance;
- Perform quality checks on other deliverables and ensure high quality of own work before publishing;
- Create or maintain short video tutorials of the software products;
- Identify product issues and flag them to developers;
- Communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing.
Star Storage is the right place for you, a place where you will have the following opportunities and benefits:
- Being part of an internationally known product team, where you gain experience and evolve professionally, participating in successful projects, while your value will be recognized;
- Flexible working hours;
- Technical trainings platforms access.
We look forward to having you join our team!