Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
The Aeronautical Information Management system we build at Frequentis is being utilized by users from Eurocontrol or Romatsa.
Flying over Europe or landing at an airport in Europe, is possible because of data maintained in the system we develop.
The successful candidate will work within the European Aeronautical Database team as a technical writer and documentation developer. Technologies include proprietary and commercial software components for the Aeronautical Information Management domain.
- Conduct technical analysis of product implementations, modifications, and enhancements in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
- Prepare deliverable Operator and Administrator User Manuals, as well as Maintenance Manuals in accordance with customer specifications for aeronautical information management software products.
- Work closely with Development & Support Engineering teams as well as Product Management to stay up-to-date with the solution functionalities.
- Develop well-written content and efficiently communicate material to the end-user. Adhere to contractual format, content and style guidelines, considering usability and ensuring accuracy, consistency, and quality. In the absence of customer dictated specifications, adhere to company guidelines.
- Prepare and distribute emails/documentation to customers.
- Perform formal review of documentation according to project Change Management processes.
- Assist with the process implementation in various stages of the program (. preparing and distributing release documentation).
- Provide periodic status updates to management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Written and verbal communication skills in German are a plus.
- Highly motivated individual that can gradually learn individual subsystems that are part of a larger suite.
- Prior experience with highly technical engineering documents is required.
- Ability to type, use a personal computer and be familiar with full-featured word-processing applications (especially Microsoft Word), desktop publishing tools and drawing packages. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite as well as imaging software (., Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc) for graphics editing and screen capturing is a clear advantage.
- Excellent organization, communication and writing styles, as well as an eye for details.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to write, edit, and prepare clear, concise, and acceptable scientific, technical and management documentation for publication or production.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical professionals and managers.
- Ability to read and explain schematic and engineering drawings.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position.
What we offer
- Challenging and interesting business domains
- Bonus package includes: meal tickets, private medical insurance, sports premium
- Trainings, further education and certifications
- Flexible working-hours and an attractive salary package
- Friendly atmosphere
- Individual labour contract from day one