Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
SALUS Controls requires a Technical Writer to create all instruction manuals for our fast growing company which is launching in average 15 new products per
The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including: how-to guides, references, manuals, operating instructions, or “frequently asked questions” pages. All this documents are meant to help end users, installers, technical support staff, and all other users within a company or our industry. All this range of documents will be created, adapted, translated, redone, under the supervision of the Project Manager.
To work alongside our technical team in EU and Hong Kong, this key employee will be responsible for ensuring that the quality of our instruction manuals equals the quality of our products. Continual improvement and strive for the best is always at the heart of SALUS and quality instruction manuals need to reflect that.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the technology and applications for which documentation is to be prepared
- Organize and write supporting documents for products
- Be able to read product technical specifications
- Collaborating with developers and technical team to clarify technical issues
- Collaboration with marketing department to clarify designs & drawings details, translations & languages aspects
- Organizing information according to the user's needs
- Writing and editing in InDesign
- Update and maintaining the database of technical documentation
- Attention to details is a must
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- The right candidate must have done similar role in previous employment, preferable in the HVAC industry but not essential.
- Electronics knowledge preferable, but not essential.
To fit our team you must:
- Have a positive attitude. Always see the bright side and the glass half full, is how we see life. We want the same from our team.
- Fit into the current team. The excellent relationships we have, need to be kept, not spoiled.
- Always be willing to learn. If you do not learn, you do not grow, and certainly the company does not grow.
- Be organized, you work mostly with engineers and marketing responsible, so if you are not organized, you won’t survive.
- Pay very much attention to details. Documents you will produce will reach hundreds of thousands of eyes. You speak for our company. Make us proud!
- Be resourceful, persistent and proactive. There is always a better or a simpler way. Let’s find it together.
A competitive salary as well as other benefits apply with this role.