Technical Area Sales Engineer - Sibiu
Responded to 90% of applications in the past 30 days, typically in 3 days
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
We are recruiting for our client, a global company with the headquarter in Germany, a person for the position of Technical Area Sales Engineer, who will be located in Sibiu office. The company develops and produces sensors and controls for industrial automation and process applications.
The role of the Technical Area Sales Engineer is to ensure channel development and market penetration, new customer acquisitions, to offer customer support, to prepare and document sales in order to win new projects, to technically train and educate the new customers regarding the products, all of these in order to achieve the sales objectives .
The position requires experience in sales & technical knowledge/ studies and also involves traveling for 50% of the job time in the allocated area.
Main responsibilities are:
- In alignment with the company directive, achieve the sales goals in the designated area;
- Have a good understanding of the business (Products, Software and Services), features, benefits, functionality, pricing strategy, competitive advantage and weakness;
- Closely work with the sales manager and the other sales engineers in the team in order to seek business opportunities, market segments and future projects;
- Growing project portfolio based on offering solutions to the clients for the nowadays challenges that industry faces;
- Keep the management fully informed on market conditions, competitive situations, regulatory changes and all activities on a weekly basis ( sales reports );
- Participate to periodical meetings in order to provide the sales team with updates on new and existing products, marketing programs, sales techniques, new styles, etc.
- Keeping a close eye on the daily sales activities in order to evaluate achievements done using Classic Sales comparative with those using Digital Sales (resources used: CRM exports, Excel report, Phone logs);
- Participating to applications/project discussions via Skype call;
- Participating to Webinars & online Trainings /Presentations (specialists sharing their know-how);
- Translate customer feedback into action .
- Use all the levers offered by digital media to make digital sales
- Respect the motto of the company "close to you" by being close to the customers and also to the colleges, offering support whenever needed.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Electronics/ Automatics and Computer Science/ Electrical Engineering/System Analyst (Software) or related technical degree or experience in the automation industry;
- 2-3 years working experience in Customer Relations/Sales function (technical field preferred);
- Technical background, ability to learn, understand and present new product ranges in full (including software);
- Good command of English language;
- Proven ability to perform proactively on own initiative, as well as in a team environment;
- Ability to organize tasks efficiently towards achieving specified goals, able to define and prioritize specific goals and objectives;
- Clearly present written, oral and visual information and influence others while building rapport and credibility;
- Strong will to compete and win and achieve in a business environment;
- Experience with CRM systems, BI software or ERP software implementation are big advantages;
- Available for traveling 50% of the time; Driving licence is needed - B category;
- Knowledge of industrial processes, controllers, sensor technology and software are a big plus;
- Enthusiasm, professionalism;
- Strong work ethic.