Team Leader General Ledger
Responded to 90% of applications in the past 30 days, typically in 3 days
Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
German - advanced, English - advanced, French - advanced
If you are a finance professional, experienced in general ledger operations and team coordination, then this may be your future job!
About your new mission:
You will provide day to day operational support, manage General Ledger (GL) accountants team, and respond to financial function queries.
You will provide leadership, expertise, and advice to the team to enable them to deliver to a consistently high standard the key financial activities within the GL scope.
Ensure accounting quality of activities of one or more accounting cycles, in accordance with Group-defined deadlines and local and Group accounting standards.
You will be responsible for accounting data and economic consistency for accounts in your scope (companies/Cycles), and for critical tasks that are part of the accounting closing process.
Key responsibilities for the Team Leader of the General Ledger Team are:
- Oversee all the GL functions, from invoice processing to accounts reconciliations;
- Completing month-end closing reviews, procedures and corrections as needed;
- Resolving disputes, discrepancies, and uncertainties concerning accounts payable invoices and payments, including monitoring volumes;
- Coordinating and assisting general ledger accountants in working through problems and handling requests and escalations that arise during the process;
- Plan and allocate activities among team members, respectively active communication to stakeholders on the key points of contacts for different activities;
- Implement, respectively maintain and improve the process to collect metrics, KPIs and SLAs for the accounts payable business processes;
- Coordinating, monitoring and maintaining proactive communications with key stakeholders in countries, headquarter and Euromaster Business Services (EBS);
- Manage the transition of new general ledger activities from Euromaster countries to EBS;
- Actively search for weak points in the process, monitor these and work on improvement;
- Defining and rolling process improvements, which includes developing documentation and providing the necessary training to support the process changes;
- Responsible for maintaining and testing key controls and maintaining evidence that controls are functioning as designed;
- Responsible for the performance of the preparation and updating the documentation of general ledger processes;
- Developing training materials, set training schedule for the team members and perform training in the area of general ledger;
- Work with the teams to help implement best practices across the team;
- Hiring, training, motivating, creating, respectively updating job descriptions and evaluating Accounts Payable staff members;
- The main point of contact for general ledger issues/requests/escalations.
Skills and experience:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance;
- 10 years’ experience in Accounting (min. 3 years General Ledger, preferably in Outsourcing and/or Shared Services);
- Proven experience of leading a team (min. 3 years);
- Advanced English skills (second language French or German, considered as a plus);
- MS Office – especially;
- SAP knowledge;
- Availability to travel;
- Performance Management –set up & report KPIs, SLA, Quality Management tools.
- Client & process improvement focused;
- Experience in handling internal controls;
- Results Driven;
- Orientation to details, high level of accuracy and efficiency, autonomy and organization;
- Proactive personality, who enjoys driving initiatives to improve processes and activities in his area of responsibilities;
- Drive and ability to problem solve and make decisions;
- Experience in standardization, simplification and productivity improvement of GL processes;
- Experience in reconciliations /fixed assets and PL BS reviews;
- Experience in the transition of activities from country to shared services or BPO;
- Communication maturity;
- Previous experience in working on the business definition of developments in ERP.
Joining us in Bucharest Service Center is going to be an amazing career opportunity for you but also a chance to work in a great team.
Enjoy the benefits of working with us:
- Learning opportunities that will help you develop your competencies for the future;
- Attractive salary and benefits package (performance bonus, meal tickets, canteen deduction, tires with a special price, medical subscription, 7 Card, other discounts);
- A flexible schedule, with the possibility to work from home.