Employment type: Permanent
Experience level: 4 - 5 years
Team Leader for Basic Software Platform
As a Team Leader for one of our Basic Software Platform teams, in Timisoara, your role will be to manage/coordinate a team of about 10 software developers focusing on generic MCAL (Abstraction) software solutions.
You will have to be a role model for your team of software engineers and you will work together with our specialists to develop optimized software solutions that are easily reused in a high number of Vitesco Technologies products.
As a Team Leader for the Abstraction(MCAL) team of the Basic Software Platform group, your tasks will include:
• Disciplinary and technical leadership for the assigned team
• Establishment, management and further development of a qualified team in coordination with the
• Management of necessary technical escalations in the project environment.
• Contributing to the internal communication regarding the presentation of technical results
• Approvals for activities within the team leader function.
• Plan, organize, lead and control the work of the people in your team, in order to ensure they deliver high quality software solutions.
• Allocate incoming work, existing resources and sets up priorities in order to meet upcoming / ongoing tasks and have balanced workload;
• Support team members in their assignments. Manage hiring, coaching, career planning and salary recommendations of your team members
• Organize appropriate training of employees in order to continuously improve their level of technical know-how;
• Perform periodical evaluation for team members
• Be the main contact person between internal customers and team members;
• Collaborate with other Vitesco Technologies teams to ensure synchronization across multiple teams, contributing to the final product deliverables; international collaboration is required;
• University degree within area with specific technical background (. Computer Science, Electronics, Automation & Control)
• At least 4 years of professional experience in the field of embedded software development
• Prior experience in a technical leadership position
• Very good English language skills (written and spoken).
• Good analytical reasoning, problem solving skills and ability to understand complex systems.
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Good planning and organizing abilities;
• Initiative, dedication, attention to detail
• Overview of the embedded system's components and processes
• Expertise in C/C++ programming
• Experience in designing and developing one of the following: embedded software, firmware, MCAL drivers
• Debugging and verification skills
• Knowledge of software development processes and quality techniques
What we offer:
• Competitive Salaries & Benefits;
• Work with the state-of-the-art equipment and technology;
• International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
• Professional Development Opportunities;
• Health & Wellness;
• Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents;