Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with 600 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Quantitative Data Team (QDT) currently consists of ten colleagues based in Romania and Poland (remotely and in Zielona Gora) and is planning to expand this year, almost doubling its capacity.
QDT will grow as part of our Bucharest office, where, in fact, the new on-site colleagues will be located.
The team’s main responsibility is to collect quant ESG data based on our own innovative methodology, aiming to exceed internal clients' expectations in terms of data quality, timeliness and reliability.
Our research contributes to ratings, screenings, industry reports and engagement tools that give responsible investors the information they need to make long-term investment decisions.
We continuously innovate the data collection process by leveraging technology, while aiming to anticipate future needs and contribute to the creation of data sets for future products.
Sustainalytics is seeking a Team Lead for our Quantitative Data Team in Bucharest.
The ideal candidate is a process-oriented manager who can efficiently lead a small team (initially 3 junior colleagues) to deliver the Carbon / Water / Diversity / Health & Safety research that will be integrated in various products.
The hired candidate will work in close collaboration with research managers, product managers, content experts, and various technical and research teams to support our product strategy.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to team members, supports the development of colleagues,
- Conducts research, analysis and rating for designated centralized indicators according to monthly research process,
- Supports the development and testing of new tools to improve the process,
- Performs reviews / quality assurance analysis,
- Supports the preparation of off-the-shelf and customized deliverables for clients,
- Monitors progress and reports on a weekly / monthly basis on a set of KPIs and client requirements,
- Prepares SOPs,
- Evaluates the performance of team members,
- Organizes trainings to stimulate capacity-building in the team,
- Crafts and executes team’s planning.
- Advanced English – reading, speaking and writing;
- Leadership and mentorship abilities;
- Teamwork and collaboration skills, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Self-management, planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent research and analytical skills;
- Process management and improvement;
- Technical Skills (work with MS Office tools, the use of all available tools and functionalities and suggesting improvements);
- Knowledge and understanding of the ESG research field in general, issue-specific expertise (carbon, water, diversity, health and safety) is considered a plus.
APPLICATION & INTERVIEW PROCESS
In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. Sustainalytics is committed to providing accommodations for individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Sustainalytics thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants requested to participate in the interview process will be contacted.