Team Lead, ES Supply Chain (Supply Planning)
Job title: Team Lead, ES Supply Chain (Supply Planning)
Alternative job title:
Job location: Bucharest, RO
Experience requirements: Management
Workfield requirements: Supply chain management
Contract type: Permanent full-time
Locations: Romania - Bucuresti-Ilfov
- Supply Chain Leader is responsible for overseeing all Supply Chain management activities at Contract Manufacturers globally by Pfizer external Supply Hospital Operating Unit, reporting into the Global Supply Chain (GSC) Operating Unit with responsibility for representing the Supply Chain enabling function on the ES Virtual Site Leadership Team (VSLT)
- Lead the Global Internal and External Supply Planning organization
- Member of External Ops Virtual Site Leadership Team, representing Supply Chain enabling function
- Responsible for leading the planning / procurement / receipt of products with an approx. spend of $ in Revenue, 1800 SKU's across 100 suppliers globally.
- Accountable for managing and achieving operating budget objectives, ., salary & expense, travel, projects. Accountable for inventory, service goals and other Balanced ScoreCard metrics.
- Direct ReportsSupply Chain Managers, Supply Chain Senior Planners, and Supply Chain Planners
A more detailed job description is available on Pfizer website: - ID
- Expect 'off-hours' conference calls to accommodate time zone differences
- International travel - based on supply chain management requirements
- Relocation not available
- Bachelor's degree in Operations management, engineering and or supply chain required; advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain / Materials Management, operations management or Commercial Operations in the pharmaceutical industry. Broad understanding of the supply chain environment. Strong, demonstrated Project management experience required, supply chain or project management certifications preferred (CPIM, CSCP, PMP, etc). Demonstrated ability to manage large scale strategic projects.
- Ability to work in a complex matrix organization with strong team work orientation required. Ability to work effectively in an environment ofcompeting priorities, ambiguity and deadlines. Proven experience in providing innovative solutions to unusually complex projects while managing colleagues across multiple time-zones / geographies / cultures.
- Must have demonstrated consultative, influencing, analytical, strategic thinking/planning, and problem-solving skills. Strong leadership skills and communication skills, and presentation, business analysis, PC, and project management skills are required. Ability to interact, build effective relationships, and influence leaders at all levels of the organization is imperative. Excellent targeted messaging skills are a requirement.
- Demonstrated understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, and the major strategic productivity challenges facing the industry.
- Travel requirements (international/domestic) ~20%
- Global leadership experience, leading operational and or functional teams with high level of diversity (thought, culture, experience)
- Understanding of Virtual Site environment, Pfizer supply chain, financial and physical legal entity structures and transactional processing.
- Experience and strong skillset with Advanced Planning Systems, SAP functionality and processes, Business Intelligence systems and master data management.
- Relevant operational experience across diverse business portfolio a plus (., BioPharmaceuticals, Consumer Products, other industries). Proven analytical skills, including technical skills with Business Intelligence platforms (., SAP BI/BOBJ, Tableau) preferred.