English - advanced, Romanian - advanced
Our Teaching Centre in Bucharest is looking for enthusiastic and committed people to join the team of Teaching Assistants. They will mainly help teachers in class but may occasionally be invited to help Teaching Centre staff with other tasks too.
This program rovides an opportunity to experience interacting with students and get a better insight into communicative teaching practices and is aimed at people working or planning to work with children in the educational field.
Our classes take place Monday to Saturday, twice a week (Tuesday and Thursday or Wednesday and Friday), or once a week (a double lesson on Monday, or on Saturday). Some classes will be in the morning, but most of the classes are from toand Saturday between andon our own premises and in our partner centers. The locations for which we are recruiting are: Piata Sudului, Militari, Buzesti & Timpuri Noi.
- To assist teachers in a wide variety of ways in classes with 3-10-year-old children
- To ensure that the British Council Child Protection rules are followed
- To facilitate teacher-parent communication by providing translation, when needed
- To substitute for other teaching assistants when they are absent
- To assist with Teaching Centre events or admin tasks
- Exposure to modern teaching techniques and the opportunity to see them applied in the classroom with different age groups
- Experience in a fun and lively multi-cultural working environment
- Letter of reference (dependent on satisfactory performance and completion of the trial period)
- Library membership
- Training opportunities
Remuneration: 10 RON gross per 60 minutes of class time, in the beginning, 15 RON gross per 60 minutes of class time after at least 150 hours assisted.
- Enjoy working with children and be considering doing so in the future, particularly in a teaching field
- Be friendly and have good interpersonal skills with all ages and types of people
- Ability judge when to be proactive and when to follow someone else’s lead
- Ability to learn and adapt to various situations and styles/approaches of different people
- Available for any of our classes
- Experience of working with children aged 3-10 in a formal or informal environment, not necessarily in English
- High-school graduate or University degree (completed or in progress)
- Romanian C1 or C2 and English C1 or C2 user.
- Has studied or is studying a degree connected with teaching or languages
- Experience with teaching or working with children
- Experience working with people (children or adults) with special educational needs.
The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article, UNCRC 1989.