At Amazon, we believe that every day is “Day One.” A day to take the first step. A day to meet new challenges. Today could be the day that you become part of a bigger idea. A day where your own ideas can turn into reality. Become part of a company that redefines itself on a daily basis. Working for Amazon is a new excitement every day.
Amazon's IT Services Engineering Operations team is expanding and we are looking for experienced Engineers who are ready to take their next career challenge. The IT Services Engineering Operations team’s mission is to deliver robust, highly available, and easy to use services to our internal customers across the global enterprise. We own back-end systems that are used by all Amazonians for daily business productivity including: Exchange email, Active Directory, Office Communicator, SharePoint, System Center Products, SQL server, IronPort and border email security, remote access VPN, variety of Windows features/roles, network connectivity options for a variety of our corporate sites, and telephony systems.
You will be responsible for supporting highly available systems and or networks for internal customers. This includes monitoring, maintenance, incident response, and scaling.
You must be comfortable taking initiative, operating at a global scale, and working across teams in an agile environment. Our engineers are level-headed, top-notch performers who demonstrate composure, love working as a team, and proactively take the lead whenever necessary.
Amazon is not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average job. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business. We’re looking for an exceptional professional with outstanding technical skills who has what it takes to make us the place for people to come to find anything they might want to buy online, with the opportunity to fulfil the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· 3+ years of relevant experience as a IT Services Operations Engineer.
· Bachelor degree in Computer Systems Engineering or similar
· Intermediate proven knowledge in one of the following: Systems Administration, Networking, or Unified Communications Telephony Systems
· Demonstrable knowledge of enterprise IT systems such as Exchange, Active Directory, SCOM, SCCM, Lync, and SharePoint
· Proven knowledge of network and web related protocols (. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
· Demonstrable knowledge of enterprise networking connectivity including wired and wireless options
· Demonstrable strong written and verbal communication skills in English
· Demonstrable ability to deal with ambiguity in different situations
· Expert proven knowledge in one of the following: Systems Administration, Networking, or Unified Communications Telephony Systems
· Proven strong leadership skills and a successful track record of driving issues to resolution
· Strong desire to learn new technologies
· Flexibility, thinking on your feet, and strong problem solving skills
· Demonstrable track record prioritizing needs and delivering measurable results in an agile environment