System Engineering Expert
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
* all languages are compulsory
Technology is a playground for ideas!
Vodafone Shared Services Romania is the place to make them come to life.
If you want to invest more in a career rather than just a job,
Meet us, Join us, Grow with us!
We stay hungry and true to our core values by recruiting people who are fun, passionate, open, and question everything.
Reflect on what your motivation is to come on board! We’re eager to hear your story.
We live and thrive in an ever-changing environment where creativity and productivity are key, within working hours, of course.
Your day to day
Operate, run and support best-in-class platforms and solutions while improving the cooperation between Infrastructure Operations and Local Markets. Unix Compute is accountable for ensuring specific care of Unix based solutions, ensuring a proper technical support during any lifecycle phase. Also to support the implementation of new services within our data centres, private and public cloud solutions. Agile working is expected along with full support of cross functional CoPs (Communities of Practice).
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business
- Provides expert level guidance, performs work for complex configuration requirements and manages operating systems bug related problems.
- Carries out technical investigations in the case of performance incidents and analyses the problems encountered in order to determine the causes and provides / proposes solutions for the troubleshooting.
- Analyse and resolve customer requests for software issues with minimal impact on their business.
- Installing operating system (VMware or UNIX/Linux products) and configuring it to ensure and monitor system security and performance.
- Ensure active support for transformation programs and other technology refresh programs that are designed to ensure/increase service availability and reduce downtime and increases the quality / performance of these services.
- Define and develop the disaster recovery software solution. Elaboration of disaster scenarios and periodic testing of existing solutions.
- Assure >% availability of the server farm considering service availability
- Provide 24x7 support for Business Critical Applications and Services on a rota basis
With these skills you are a great candidate:
- Bachelor degree
- English (written and spoken) – fluent
- IT Systems Administrator, 5-10 years experience
- Proven experience with and in-depth knowledge of UNIX base operating systems (RHEL, Centos, Suse, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris) and VMware products:
- Hardware Architecture
- Experience with programming in procedural languages and shell scripting
- ITIL knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of cyber security
- Very good knowledge of the principles SOX
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
- Work from Home – You can get to work remotely from anywhere you choose!
- Medical and dental services
- Life insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Education
- You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
- Getting in on the ground floor of an technology changing company
- Flexible Vacation