SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION - STORAGE ENGINEER
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us shape the future?
The Enterprise Services Compute and Connectivity Platform Organization designs, implements, and operates a state-of-the-art Information Systems Infrastructure serving around 110K employees, in over900 locations across65 plus countries. We work with the latest and emerging technologies to deliver scalable, robust, always available infrastructure services around the world. We deliver services that connect, host, virtualize, store, collaborate, integrate, compute and transact business solutions that utilize the cloud, automation, analytics, “as a Service”, BIG data, and software-defined.
The CCP Storage Engineer will be primarily responsible for architecture, engineering, and support for Honeywell’s storage environments.
This job is part of the Enterprise Compute Infrastructure team and includes collecting requirements and assisting with the design, recommendation, and implementation of on-premise and cloud-based storage. This role also includes engineering activities in support of day to day management of SAN, NAS, and other Storage technologies.
This person is also responsible for making improvements to the existing systems to optimize and to improve reliability and availability. Additionally, candidates will be responsible for participating in Disaster Recovery exercises on a periodic basis.
• Provide oversite to Honeywell IT in storage platform optimization, monitoring, and lifecycle management
• Capture requirements and assist with the implementation of on-premise and cloud-based storage and backup solutions
• Handle enterprise-scale SAN & NAS environments
• Accountable for technology roadmaps related to storage technologies
• Assist with the on-boarding of sites to be incorporated into the CCP support model and lead projects within in support of these activities.
• Fix performance issues related to storage workloads
• Facilitate moving of workloads to/from on-prem cloud to off-prem cloud
• Participate in calls with other members to address and solve application and or infrastructure related issues
You must have:
• A bachelor’s degree; preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Business-Related Field
• Minimum of 5 years of SAN and Network Dedicated Storage (NAS) systems experience from major vendors to including NetApp, Hitachi, Dell/EMC and IBM in an enterprise environment
• Expertise in cloud data protection and storage options provided by major cloud providers, to include: AWS (AMAZON) and Microsoft Azure
• Good understanding of Networking concepts such as TCP/IP, VPN, NFS/SMB/ CIFS/SCSI protocols, encryption methods, and the installation and configuration of their associated Network infrastructure.
• Experience with Installation, Racking & Stacking of Hardware
• Experience with ServiceNow or another similar formal Service Management platform and/or methodology
• Experience with Hyper-Converged Infrastructure technology platforms like Nutanix, Dell VXRail, Dell VRTX, Dell Flex OS to build the strategy/direction for enterprise infrastructure
• VMWare, Linux, and Windows experience
• Creative and collaborative problem-solving capability
• Experience with data protection, business continuity and disaster recovery options, configuration, and execution
• Excellent oral, written and collaborative communication skills, including executive-level communications
If you believe this is the perfect role, then we'd love to hear from you, and apply.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce culture.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.