This position is a contingent staff position and employed by an external agency in service for Microsoft.
Are you a problem-solver and an adept of going to the root-cause, regardless where the code base resides?
There is a transformation occurring within our industry accelerated by the maturity and acceleration of cloud computingIn this mobile-first, cloud-first world, there is an increasing customer demand for service-based pricing, asset-less technology, and a less complex ownership
We are seeking to build out the team of next generation Support Engineers as we transform what support looks like and how it works. This requires an engineer who is relentlessly customer-centric, has mastered the ability to understand a customer’s business and how Microsoft solutions play a key role in that business.
As Support Engineer (SE) you will serve as frontline technical resource for Microsoft’s customers and partners via phone, email or weYou will deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customer
This specific role will be focused on delivering world class support for Microsoft’s first party devices.
The primary focus will be the Surface Hub, but there will also be opportunities to support HoloLens and Surface devices.
This device looks to replace the whiteboard with an interactive, Skype-connected meeting solution that helps bring the conference room or team huddle space into the next millennium.
This support will encompass everything from pre-sales questions to coordinating delivery and repair services from a third-party vendor to solving usability and technical questions from customers.
We seek to build a team of experts who can help Microsoft continue to deliver seamless support for a Cloud First Mobile First world.
We intend to create a new level of support and service for a new class of device.
- Represent Microsoft and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, electronic service and in person regarding finding solutions for technically complex problems identified in Microsoft software product
- Solve highly complex level of problems, involving broad, in-depth product knowledge or in-depth product specialty; may include support of additional product lineFrequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will be politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer skill
- Responsible for efficiently managing the relationship with these customers and thoroughly documenting their cases
- Collaborate on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issueConstant collaboration with Support Engineers at different levels and technology areaReport software bugs and customer suggestion to the product grou
- Write and update technical documentation for knowledge
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released products and services, take ownership for product and service improvement, and participate in pre-release activities and BETA/preview programs.
- Share knowledge through communities with other engineers and develop customer solutions efficiently.
- Adapt based on customer interactions.
- Proactively develop self and others to resolve customer and partner problems; actively welcome and initiate collaboration.
- Be able to step out of the comfort zone to learn and grow in accordance with new product information
- Be agile in readiness to support newest technology; earn Microsoft-provided certification opportunities as an MCSE, MCSD or MCPD as required by specific organizati
- Good Communication Skills Spoken and written English.
- Good Communication Skills Spoken and written German.
- Excellent demonstrated customer service skills
- Works well in a team environment Analytical Troubleshooting
- Problem Solving Skills Customer Service
- Customer Focused Skills Technical Aptitude
- Ability to learn; current technical skills in Windows;
- Scenario/Solution understanding
- Breadth Technical Experience
- PC Hardware knowledge
- Windows OS
- TCP/IP and general networking skills
- Depth Technical Expertise
- (Preferred) OS Imaging
- (Preferred) Skype for Business
- (Preferred) Exchange
- Executive Presence
- Ability to Share Knowledge
- One or more years' experience in systems development, network operations, software support or . consulting.
- (Preferred) . degree in . or . or equivalent