Support engineer - Telecom company
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
The Employer is a leading provider of intelligent IP service optimization and revenue generation solutions for fixed and mobile service providers and high-end enterprise.
It’s rich portfolio of solutions transforms broadband pipes into smart networks that can rapidly and efficiently deploy value added Internet services for both the network and the subscriber.
It's scalable, carrier-grade solutions provide the visibility, network topology awareness, security, application control and subscriber management that are vital to managing Internet service delivery, enhancing user experience, containing operating costs, and maximizing revenue in broadband networks.
• Act as the main Employer technical resource in one of our most prestigious customer premises, in all aspect of supporting the Employer's solution : lab testing and validation, deployment, maintenance operations
• Troubleshoot and conduct in-depth in depth analysis of system log files and possible causes of issues to resolve customer’s problems.
• Provide transfer of technical knowledge when required
• Participate to case reports or other technical writing documentation
• Work with the latest networking / QoS technology in complicated / multi-vendor environments
• Act as “first mile support“ to provide all necessary information to escalation team.
• Serves as interface between the customer and the support
• Maintain accurate up-to-date the customer relationship and knowledge base management systems
• Work in a highly international environment
• Might request occasional travelling and out-of-hours activities
• Report to the European Support Manager
• Graduate of Computer Science/Engineering, with licence diploma (only!!!)
• Excellent Service orientated. Experience with customer relationship
• Excellent knowledge of LAN/WAN environments and network protocols.
• 2 years hands-on experience with networking LAN/WAN products and environments (routers, switches, FWs, network management systems, VoIP, remote accesses devices, etc.) preferably in a large service provider (ISP) or Telco operator, for example from a network operation center (NOC).
• Ability to document technical information
• Basic knowledge of programming (scripting) and UNIX/Linux
• The role includes flexible hours of working and might request periodically on-calls shifts
• Autonomous, self-learning, orderly and meticulous capabilities
• Familiarity with mobile networks – an advantage
• Technical vendors certifications – an advantage
• English - conversational/fluent
• Based in Bucharest, Romania
- good salary, etc.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted for full details and interviews.
Thanks for your application!