Support Engineer Oracle Cloud/OnPremise Linux/VM
Middle (2-5 years), Entry (0-2 years), Senior (5-10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure combines the elasticity and utility of public cloud with the granular control, security, and predictability of on-premises infrastructure to deliver high-performance, high availability and cost-effective infrastructure services.
This job is about supporting Oracle Linux and Oracle VM mainly on Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure (OCI/OCI-C) covering also IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, VPNaaS, Engineered Systems, Cloud at Customer and on-premise systems.
This position is for remote customer support of Oracle Linux, Oracle VM and VPNaaS products on Oracle Cloud and on-premise. The team’s primary responsibility is to diagnose, debug and resolve customer reported issues on Oracle Linux and Oracle VM family of products, working in partnership with Cloud Operations team, customers, other support teams and developers. The team members continually exercise and grow diverse skills, as they deliver the highest quality support possible to customers.
The role requires working in rotational shifts (night and day, early and late), including on weekends and public holidays (weekend/holiday shift premium allowance may be offered) with shifted week/weekend schemes.
Work location is Iasi, Romania.
Required and desired skills include:
- 3+ years of relevant industry work experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Linux, RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu and/or other Linux platforms
- Excellent knowledge of the Linux OS internals, particularly networking
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Linux servers in production settings.
- Experience diagnosing network configuration issues and network performance.
- Sound experience in network packet analysis and troubleshooting
- Knowledge and experience with IPSec, SWAN, DHCP, NAT, IPv6, Firewall technologies (iptables)
- Knowledge of routing protocols (. BGP, RIPv2, OSPF)- Excellent system-level debugging skills
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud (Public or Private) Infrastructures.
- Customer focused with a pro-active and responsive approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills- Good customer interaction skills
- Experience in Azure or AWS based Cloud Architecture and migration is a plus
- Experience working on remote management systems like ILOM, IMM, DRAC etis a plus
- Experience working in Linux containers (Docker, LXC) and orchestration technologies (Kubernetes) is a plus
- Experience working on OpenStack technologies is a plus