Percentage of time the position involves travel:0%
Percentage of time the position allows for working off-site:0%
Job industry:Manufacturing - Other
*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.
For our Timisoara office we are looking for a Strategic Technical Supply Chain Manager.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration;
- Passionate customer focus;
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution;
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement;
- Relentless drive to win.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Plan and execute the localization projects for medical product transfers and NPI - Track Plan vs. Actual localization;
- Map overall localization plan with respect to cost reduction commitments to customers;
- Continuously identify opportunities to maximize bill of material control with Flex supply chain;
- Define a local supply chain strategy for each product - specific to customer situation / complexity / business strategy / cost reduction requirements from customer and Flex (From request for quote/ New Product introduction, NPI till production execution);
- Technical Project Management: be a window for technical communication with customer;
- Create, maintain and communicate master localization plan for all the internal (customer focus team, global strategic supplier chain managers, SSCM, program managers) and external customers;
- Manage periodic calls with internal and external customer;
- Ensure proper and timely escalation of localization issues;
- Execute design for manufacturing reviews with suppliers, engage in technical negotiations with Customer (R&D, engineering and quality teams);
- Address legacy design / specification issues, capture tribal knowledge, suggest design improvements;
- Develop part qualification / validation protocol to meet US FDA CFR/regulatory requirements and customer specific expectations;
- Work closely with site / segment quality and vendor development resources to execute the part / supplier development;
- Work closely with site material, site customer supply chain and strategic supply chain team in planning and executing phase in phase out / buffer planning during localization;
- Liaise with global commodity managers and Flex Vertical integration to develop low cost regional supply base;
- Work closely with global NPI team to plan and execute NPI project goals, objectives and timeline.
Here is some of what you'll need:
- Degree / master’s in mechanical engineering or electro-mechanical engineering;
- 10-15 years of hands-on experience in manufacturing of machining / casting / sheet metal and structure fabrication, molded plastics commodities;
- Familiar with mold design concepts (plastic molding, casting, tools and fixtures);
- Strong troubleshooting experience in manufacturing processes (machining, casting, metal stamping and fabrication and plastic molding);
- Experience in dealing with secondary processes like painting , powder coating, plating, printing;
- Strong experience in specification negotiations with R&D;
- A good communicator, positive attitude, passionate.
Global Procurement & Supply Chain
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: accessibility@. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: chiefprivacyofficer@