Strategic Buyer with English and German/French
Middle (2-5 years)
This job can be done remotely
English - Advanced
, German - Advanced
, French - Advanced
The role is responsible for the negotiations, sourcing, contract / purchase order issuance, and end to end commodity management for the GBS Shared Purchasing Services (SPS) team.
The work is of a complex nature involving a considerable amount of initiative, analytical work, and independent judgment. The buyer will be required to interface with all Regions as well as cross functional stakeholders including, but not limited to Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Finance, Purchasing, Legal and IT.
- Develop and manage key suppliers by utilizing sourcing and end to end commodity management practices for assigned Indirect Purchasing commodities. This includes understanding of program lead times, supplier lead times, and capacities.
- Optimize cost savings opportunities through the use of competitive bidding, eAuctions, Electronic Catalogs, blanket contracts, commodity planning, opportunity assessments, business intelligence requirements, and spend analytics.
- Meet cost savings targets, implement process improvement initiatives, and deliver to Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure proper routing of low value and emergency Purchase Requests with the remotely located Transactional Purchasing Services team.
- Actively cooperate with key stakeholders to develop commodity knowledge and sourcing strategies based on changing market developments, market pricing, and technology trends.
- Utilize Purchasing Sourcing Process, including but not limited to Bid list selection, RFQ development, supplier negotiations, supplier selection, obtaining sourcing approval, contract or purchase order issuance, and completion of filing requirements.
- Ensure that all sourcing, contracts, and Purchase Order transactions comply with Corporate Purchasing Policies and Procedures.
- Manage and resolve commercial issues with suppliers.
- Provide coordination and support for other buyers as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in Procurement, Accounting, Business, and/or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in negotiating, sourcing, and managing contracts. Preferably working with MRO, IT, Facilities Management, Tooling and Indirect Material commodities.
- Experience with Indirect Purchasing Commodities (Building Supplies, Cutting Tools, Die Supplies, Electrical, Engineering Services, Indirect Product, and Industrial Suppliers), MRO, IT, Facilities Management.
- Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and SAP.
- Very good Verbal and Written German/French and English Skills (from B2 upwards).
- Demonstrated competence in negotiating skills.
- High degree of organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- High level of analytical ability where problems can be somewhat complex.
- Ability to travel as/when required.