Would you like the opportunity to meet unparalleled, yet fascinating challenges as a Systems Engineer? The Global IT Engineering mission at AWS is building robust, highly available, and easy to use services for our internal customers across the global enterprise. We are looking for Systems Administrators/Engineers based in Bucharest who are proficient in all aspects of system administration and engineering to build global infrastructure services in our enterprise.
We are responsible for supporting back-end systems, used by all Amazonians for daily business productivity including (but not limited to): Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and internally developed tools for Ubuntu client management.
This engineering team is responsible for the client experience across the enterprise for Ubuntu and Windows clients. This includes activities like client imaging, GPO management, software packaging, software deployment, hardware evaluation, hardware selection which contribute to a positive client experience for all Amazonians.
* Maintaining images for Microsoft and Ubuntu
* Packing operating system and application patches
* Maintenance and life-cycle of all servers and services supporting client imaging (SCCM, SCOM)
* Managing and maintaining SCOM
* Life-cycle planning (servers/services and clients)
This role requires regularly scheduled after-hours standby time for critical support rotated throughout the team.
Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has a track record of supporting enterprise technologies while leveraging automation and tool development. The ability to interact with not only peers but also customers at a global scale is required.
Amazon is not an average organisation and this is definitely not your average job. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business. We’re looking for applicants with outstanding technical skills who relish the opportunity to realize our motto of “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· AWS Operations certification or equivalent
· Working with services at an Enterprise scale
· 4+ years industry experience with 2+ focusing on systems engineering and scripting/automation
· BA/BS in an engineering or relevant experience
· Knowledge of network and web related protocols (. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
· Proficient use of at least one modern language (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Java)
· Experienced Linux or Windows systems administrator
· Experienced in Windows and Ubuntu client OS management
· MCSA Serveror CompTIA Linux+, or equivalent experience
· SCCMor SCOMexperience
· AWS Architect certification or equivalent
· Experience with development depth in OOP, Java, UNIX, Perl, C++, XML, Web services, PowerShell, and UNIX tools.
· Expertise in Linux or Windows systems administration
· Information Security background
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation