GE drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
GE Digital is looking for a talented Sr Software Engineer. In this role, you will work closely with customers to understand and define requirements, develop technical proposals, and set expectations for complex Asset Management projects based on the Smallworld GIS platform (Mobile Enterprise).
You will act as an individual contributor and provide technical leadership on smaller projects and/or project stages on these engagements, working with worldwide teams and delivery partners contributing to commercial and technical proposals and project delivery.
• Provide expert knowledge and experience to estimate the technical effort required to implement Asset Management solutions and project delivery stages built primarily on the Smallworld GIS platform
• Contribute to the analysis of customer business processes and high level technical analysis activities, such as requirements gathering and gap analysis of user requirements;
• Development of detailed design specifications.
• Contribute to and potentially lead the implementation of project stages of Asset Management solutions built on the Smallworld GIS platform, the utilities and telecoms office solutions and mobile enterprise suite.
• Own technical deliverables during the entire lifecycle of the projects.
• Engage throughout the full lifecycle of assigned projects, influencing decisions on business outcomes and designs and functionality to keep programs on track in terms of budget, time, and customer expectations.
• Effectively leverage product capability, driving standardization, limiting customization, and maximizing reuse of content developed for previous solutions.
• Interact with Product Development Team, Commercial Team, Customers, Solution Providers (Partner / Integrators), and other cross-functional teams as required for the solution.
• Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with peers and team members as an inclusive team member, supporting pre-sale strategy, services consulting efforts, and project execution.
• Effectively apply Asset Management SSDM methodology and project standards.
• Maintain & continuously update technical skills and knowledge.
• Work independently as well as part of the team.
• Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or comparable discipline from an accredited university or
• 3-5 years’ experience in software analysis, design, methodology, development and architecture
• Strong background in spatial technology, graphical applications, real time systems, or other enterprise solutions
• Proficiency in database tools (. Oracle/ Oracle Spatial) and database modelling
• Experience in UNIX and/or Windows operating system;
• Applies solution delivery process & methods at various stages of the project lifecycle.
• Proactively makes or recommends decisions based on in-depth analysis of business outcomes; Able to define critical problems to be solved; Uses a formal process to present findings and recommend specific actions that relate to business objectives; Proposes alternative business strategies as appropriate.
• Ability to serve as a trusted technical advisor to maximize customer outcomes using out-of-box capabilities from our offerings and demonstrate a pragmatic capability to identify specific gaps to be filled via product roadmap or solution configuration and/or customization.
• Can follow processes without assistance. Recognizes variations to the process and works to resolve independently. Can adapt to gaps or exceptions to the processes and adjust accordingly.
• Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve intermediate issues. Can isolate complex scenarios down to actionable items and drive solutions across disparate functions.
• Acts as a resource for others in solution design. Knows best practices which result in higher adoption of solutions based on product capabilities. Ability to communicate product capabilities internally and in customer facing situations.
Desired Characteristics :
• Experience with Utilities and/or Telecoms asset management systems
• Demonstrated ability to learn new software development practices, languages, and tools
• Design and Development experience with Web and GIS Technologies
• Experience working with global teams / partners.