Sr. Product Design Engineer
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
As part of Global Engineering Centre located in Ploiesti, Romania, key duties will include:
- The Senior Product Design Engineer brings knowledge and design experience together to deliver more effective customer results and share this experience with others.
- Perform bearing designs using proprietary Timken Software and other programs. Perform design calculations beyond the limits of currently - available design software. Evaluate possibilities for expanding Timken’s Product or Service lines.
- Identify expanded business opportunities for new or existing products or markets. Promote the use of products and services to customers that are both strategic for Timken and add customer value.
- Provide engineering and technical support to field sales, and other internal customers. Increasing manufacturing interaction, including on-site or remote, real-time problem-solving for customers.
- Design per Engineering Workflow Tools NPRs level A, B, C and D. Understand and make intermediate improvements to design algorithms. Use and make intermediate changes to existing design tools.
- Use as expert CAD software (drafting, modeling, assembly), including finished customer and finished source prints and models, within the product scope.
- Provide help for Entry-Level Product Design Engineers. Checks the work of Product Design Engineers.
Candidates for this position should meet the following criteria:
- University degree in mechanical engineering or related;
- Experience (min 5 years) in at least one of these fields: product, application and / or manufacturing engineering;
- Broad general understanding of product design related disciplines;
- Advanced level of English skills (both reading and writing);
- Advanced computer skills & proved skills of CAD systems (mandatory ProE or UG);
- Good analytical thinking;
- Results driven and team player.