Source Control Management Engineer
Middle (2-5 years)
English - Medium
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is fun. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work on Enterprise applications, with a focus on Source Control Management systems. You will have the chance to become a domain expert for key applications used in game development, including Perforce and GitLab. You can work with game teams such as FIFA, Madden, Battlefield and Battlefront, and central teams such as Frostbite and Origin. You have a focus on innovation and use a deep passion for technology. You will report to the Application Engineering Director based in Vancouver, and you will have a team of supportive colleagues that would be happy to collaborate with you.
- Be an expert as part of a product team to engineer high-volume, high transaction source control management applications, for use by game development teams across the entire global enterprise
- Participate in all aspects of a service end-to-end, including design, implementation, support, vendor relations and customer interaction
- Use expertise in multiple domains to provide technical leadership in the service
- Collaborate with network, database, storage and system engineers to develop solutions
- Be an escalation point for support engineers, providing guidance
- Improve; may include design, definition of road maps, standardization of processes and methodologies
- Work with the game teams to ensure their needs are captured and requirements are met
- Manage the relationship with vendors, including sourcing, evaluation, and escalation
- Exhibit creativity while collaborating and working with excellent designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and service owners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent IT qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience deploying and supporting Enterprise applications
- 2+ years’ subject matter expertise with Linux administration and scripting
- 1+ years of experience with virtualization and cloud platforms (. VMware, Azure, or AWS); Preferred AWS or Azure certifications
- 1+ years’ experience managing source control management systems such as Perforce, Git or Azure DevOps Server
- 1+ years’ experience with Databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres or MySQL
- 1+ years’ experience using source control as a software developer
- Conduct complex systems problem analysis and guide teams towards speedy resolution
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience developing automation solutions using tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Terraform is an asset
- Experience in container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes is an asset
- Application experience with JIRA is an asset
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages; and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that grows from creativity and individuality.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart plans, acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.