The Solution Architect, Brands (please note that the internal job title is Technical Director, Solution Architecture, Brands) is a key business interfacing role with technical and business domain-specific expertise and provides oversight and coordination across the portfolio of technical solutions being developed in that domain. They develop, maintain, and communicate processes and standard practices related to the high-level design, development, and implementation of solutions across the portfolio of projects in the domain. Additionally, they work with the business to define technology roadmaps & ensure solutions meet business needs and architecturally significant functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ability to influence
- Problem-solving / analytical thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to execute
- Adaptability/ability to manage change
- Creative thinking
- Conceptual thinking
- Has a broad and deep understanding of analytics across a global enterprise across all process areas (Supply Chain, Finance, Marketing, R&D etc.); an in-depth understanding of ELC’s key Systems of Records and data contained within
- Enterprise Data Platform mindset building reusable, sustainable, governed data products on a standardized, optimized, available, reliable, consistent, accessible platform
- Strategic Thinking Aligns the group's strategy with overall company goals, establishes objectives, and assigns responsibilities.
- Strong communications skills to collaborate with the virtual global team.
- Results-driven – sets aggressive goals and delivers through the team.
- A pragmatic approach to deliver incremental value to the organization
- Comfortable within a global, complex, highly matrixed organization
- Well-developed team management skills
- Proven ability to attract, retain, and develop talent
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive – but recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Solid understanding of IT group operating model, including enterprise architecture, development lifecycle, tools, methods and processes
- Expertise in data in key System of Records such as SAP ERP data, data from POS systems, external consumer marketing data sets, social media data sets, machine-generated manufacturing or IoT data sets.
- Functional understanding of Data Lake, Data Warehousing, ETL and ELT processes, and Data Quality frameworks
- Detailed conceptual and technical understanding of Big Data platforms, Data Lakes, Data Warehousing, their capabilities and applicable use cases and implications for developing data products on these types of platforms
- Expert in defining semantic layers, metadata to support technical and business teams for development and data consumption
- Strong understanding of data modelling concepts; hands-on data modelling expertise highly desired (preferably in ERwin)
- Expert in visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Business Objects
- Expert understanding of Data as a Service concept including APIs/web services and microservices
- Strong understanding of Data Science and Machine Learning (ML) concepts and operationalize models in a data platform (experience with Azure ML components preferred).
- Defines the road map to accomplishing strategic priorities
- Inspires others to make decisions based on the benefit to the enterprise
- Translates strategy to individual contributions
- Prepares for change by planning, allocating resources and assigning roles
- Proactively provides constructive feedback.
- Inspires confidence in others to give their best
- Articulates critical project information to upper management in a clear and actionable form
- Guides others to operate effectively in ambiguous situations
- Recognizes and champions great ideas within the domain and helps move those ideas forward
- Seeks out how others have achieved success, both inside and outside the Company, adapting appropriate methods and applying them to the domain.