Software Tester - Business Projects
* all languages are compulsory
Your life at Ubi
The IT Department of UBISOFT is looking for a Software Tester who will be involved in various project assignments within the Group, ranging from internal projects with corporate clients, to external web needs.
The test typologies you will cover include but are not limited to: Integration testing, Functional testing, End-to-end testing, Regression testing and Smoke testing
You will be working in a fast-paced international environment and gain invaluable knowledge and expertise along the way!
Your main mission
- Evaluate and test new or modified products and applications, to verify that they function according to user requirements and to established guidelines.
- Review requirements and develop test cases based on those requirements; Create, update and execute test plans and test cases.
- Work proactively in coordination with the development team for the troubleshooting and resolving of issues in a timely manner.
- Present ideas on system improvements based on hands on experience.
- Thoroughly report test results and manage follow up including fix verification, updating bug tracking database etc.
- Contribute to the design, documentation, implementation and maintenance of test environments, test systems and processes.
- Contribute to the project hand-over to the support and operations teams.
The professional value you bring
- Practical experience in end-to-end testing. Good understanding of the product development process and software development practices
- Good knowledge of the English language, both orally and written. French is a plus
- Knowledge and experience of QA methodologies (Agile - SCRUM)
- Experience with documentation, testing and defect reporting tools (JIRA, TestRail, Confluence), Technical writing experience (test plans, work procedures, user guides, etc.)
- Experience with APIs testing
Constitutes a plus
- Experience with WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) accessibility testing
- Knowledge of SQL & MySQL queries
- Experience with logs (search, sort, filter, identify)
- Knowledge of SoapUI, JMeter
- Knowledge of HTML, JS, PHP
- Knowledge of Automation testing
The personal value you bring
- Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written); Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Analysis and synthesis abilities, attention to details, persistence, “test to break” attitude
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously; able to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, is able to prioritize tickets based on the business needs
- Autonomy, ability to work with minimal guidance, persuasive and able to stand by own ideas
- Creativity, initiative, curiosity, open to changes and self-improvement
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
Our colleagues from the IT department engineer and deliver reliable services & products for Ubisoft’s game development teams and for our player communities, as well as developing apps for internal, world-wide use.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!