Software Test Engineer
* all languages are compulsory
We are looking for highly motivated Software Test Engineer - Product Development.
The Lead Test Engineer (LTE) is ultimately responsible for ensuring the technical integrity of a full solution testing or a significant subsystem, as part of a large overall solution. The Lead Test Engineer will manage a team of testers and is responsible for preparing and planning the testing phases of projects including System Integration, Performance Testing and User Acceptance Testing. The LTE is in charge of driving those plans through to successful completion, report the progress throughout the project delivery and take necessary action to guaranty total quality.
The Lead Test Engineer is responsible for the defining and documenting the test strategy, overseeing the technical testing execution, guiding and mentoring the test engineers assigned to the project. The ideal person for our team will be experienced in customer solution deliveries, committed to delivering excellent work with excellent people, will have a proven track record of delivering complex solutions to multiple customers, will have the ability to plan, clearly monitor and report to Customers and internally within team the project progress with respect to effort, cost and duration and will also have experience and ability to drive test execution, configuration and issue tracking including during System Integration and User Acceptance.
This role sits within the Delivery and Customer Enablement (DCE) group, whose stated purpose is to ensure the customers current & future success by delivering and enabling innovative, customer-centric software solutions. Solution Delivery and this role is key to our ability to deliver state of the art solutions, which support our customers successful transition to the world of 5G connectivity and digital transformation. Be a part of our journey and #beyourfuture.
- Executes functional/ NF test procedures and/ or scripts either manually or by automated tools. Tracks and reports on the test execution in a timely manner with attention given to achieving a high level of quality.
- Gathers and documents the outcome of test executions and all information needed to support ongoing measurements and reporting on risks, defects, tests, and coverage.
- Reports discrepancies and analyzes them to determine the root causes.
- Evaluates script failures at a high level.
- Coordinates with Development and Infra teams/peers on the resolution of issues, overseeing the testing progress and ensuring that high standards of quality are being met.
- Compares and analyzes system behavior vs. expected results/KPIs based on business and technical requirements.
- Identifies issues, proposes system improvements and performs repetitive test execution to resolve identified issues.
- Contributes to the design of test scenarios and performs peer reviews of test cases.
- Evaluates test exit criteria to assess if additional tests are required or if test scenarios need to be adjusted.
- Participates in and contributes to internal design reviews of testing materials.
- 8+ years of commercial experience within a telco environment.
- In-depth understanding of telecom networks and technologies.
- Practical working experience in testing Telecommunication applications.
- Proven experience usage of UNIXC environment and practical exposure to the Selenium & JMeter test tools.
- Understanding of In-memory databases (VoltDB preferred) and SQL.
- Proven experiences with development and delivery methodologies such as DevOps, Agile and Kanban.
- Relevant Computer Science or Software Engineering related degree and curiosity to learn more.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of the following protocols TCP/IP, HTTP, SOAP, Shell script and exposure to Diameter.
Skills you will bring to the team:
- Above all else, you can demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills for effective dialogue with colleagues on a project team and with customers.
- You have previous customer management experience.
- Demonstrate an innovative and committed approach to overcome obstacles and solve problems in order to successfully deliver on commitments.
- Positive, solution-focused attitude and you aren't afraid of a challenge.
- Collaborate effectively in a team and open to exploring all technical design options.
- Ability to drive technical teams through task definition and assignment in conjunction a Project Manager.
- A burning desire to 'be your best' and work in an environment where you can really have an impact.
About Orion Innovation:
Orion Innovation is a leading digital transformation and product development services firm with more than 25 years of activity. Headquartered in Edison, New Jersey, the company has a global team of over 4,750 associates, with engineers in 11 major delivery centers spread across the Americas, Europe, and APAC region.
Orion operates in a broad range of industries such as: financial services, professional services, cyber security, telecommunications and media, consumer products, automotive, industrial automation, professional sports and entertainment, life sciences, ecommerce, and education.
The main focus is to be an agile and trusted partner for business transformation initiatives, providing deep emerging technology, digital design and domain expertise.
*Only suitable candidates will be contacted.