Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
With Nokia future becomes present. You will work on new generation mobile networks (5G) which will allow autonomous car, remote surgery, ultra-high-speed, and millions of connected devices to become a reality.
Create and execute OAM test scenarios for new features related to 5G technology for Centralized Unit project.
- Analysis of system specifications;
- Participate in specification and code reviews together with development and specification teams;
- Preparation of test plan and test description;
- Preparation of tools and tests scenarios;
- Preparation and configuration of HW equipment and environment;
- Development of automated test cases and campaigns;
- Run manual or automated tests on dedicated test beds in end to end system configuration;
- Work "upstream" in partnership with design and other system integration/validation engineers to review designs and plans, recommend enhancements, and improve product quality before it reaches customer;
- Results analysis; description of fault reports; feedback with designers; tests of corrections;
- Raise software bugs and follow-up correction;
- Reproduce and investigate fault reports.
- Technical experience of minimum 1-3 years in test domain;
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Telecommunications, Computer Science or Information Technologies;
- Expertise in black-box testing, experience in white-box type of testing;
- Knowledge of telecom protocols IP and networking;
- Knowledge in scripting languages like robot or python or ttcn3;
- Knowledge in software technology: basic tools on PC, Unix/Linux (scripting);
- Languages: fluent English (read, write, speak).
- Experience in end to end feature test, system/cluster level test, network level test, or FOA test, including test planning, design, coordination;
- Experience with test/debug of IP-based networked configurations, and Linux/VxWorks-based products is desirable;
- Python knowledge or experience is a plus.
- Passion! We hire engaged engineers who have a passion for making things WORK;
- Willing to contribute with creative, out-of-the-box solutions, to problems arising in a dynamic environment, under high market pressure;
- You will often have to juggle with multiple tasks and prioritize them;
- Positive attitude, engagement and desire to take over challenging assignments as part of a team.
You will be part of a Development Unit (aroundamong 11 R&D Tribes in different countries & continents. Within your Tribe in Timisoara, you will belong to one of the Squads, each composed of 5-9 people.
Your will actively contribute to your team’s commitments and be responsible of your own deliveries. Your team makes sure that the SW is thoroughly tested and delivered in order to meet customers’ requirements In an environment where trust and autonomy are encouraged, each team member selects the tasks to work on and exchanges daily with his/her team mates on the progress and difficulties.
A customized training plan will be proposed at your arrival. During the first months at Nokia you will have support from your manager, team and dedicated buddy and the opportunity to get in touch with 5G technology and our development environment.
Since the beginning of the race towards first position in 5G market, our team has an active role in 5G Cloud Control Unit in Timisoara validating and testing 5G cloud software on real and simulated equipment.
What does Nokia offer you?
- Competitive salary based on your experience
- Performance, Christmas and Easter bonuses
- Interaction with international teams of software developers, architects, project managers, testers, integrators etc.
- Visibility on latest configuration control technologies, 5G innovating mobile networks, Cloud, shared testing resources
- E-learning platforms such as NokiaEDU, Harvard ManageMentor, LinkedIn Learning etc. at your disposal for technical training and personal development
- Access to Nokia Garage innovation space where you can express your technical creativity and implement new projects with support from local community
- Various certifications
- Events and conferences on technical matters but also on well-being at work and other general-purpose subjects
- Flexible time and teleworking
- 24+ paid days-off
- Sports, Wellness and Culture reimbursement
- Public Transport/Private Parking allowance or bike/electrical scooter reimbursement
- Meal tickets + extra food allowance
- Private health and life insurance
- Kindergarden/after-school reimbursement
- Relocation package for Timisoara non-residents
- One of the highest employee referral bonuses on the market so you can bring your friends too :)
If you want to take part of this adventure that will shape the future, join us. Apply now!
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.