Software Engineer (React&Node)
* all languages are compulsory
Reporting to: Head Architect
Department name: Enterprise Architecture, Applications
Location: Bucharest/Cluj, Ro
Key goal: Provide MassMutual developers solution reference code and components that bootstrap application development and the adoption of architecture patterns and platforms.
Who We Are – MassMutual
MassMutual Romania – in partnership with MassMutual in the United States – will help shape a culture of innovation and to create the digital products and technology solutions that help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
Positioning MassMutual for its next 20 million customers and remaining innovative in a digital-first world led to the creation of MassMutual Romania in 2020. With offices in Bucharest and Cluj, MassMutual Romania was established to build an in-house team with expertise in application development and support, quality assurance and data science.
For 170 years, MassMutual has put its customers at the heart of what it does by providing holistic financial solutions, guidance, and education on their terms. Its long-term strategy helps ensure that policyowners and their loved ones can rely on them to be there when they need them most.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Software Engineer to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to implement shared code, libraries, inner source projects, config and sample solutions that delivery teams utilize when building applications.
- The software engineer(s) will be part of a new development team aimed at bridging the gap between architecture strategy and delivery teams by creating sample/common components that can be cloned/forked by developers when building applications;
- The technology scope is broad and includes evaluating modern technology stacks/frameworks and deploying working implementations of patterns to the EA Reference Cloud environment;
- Researching, designing, coding and testing the implementation of shared code, components, services, config, templates, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, engineering or an analytical field such as mathematics or Information systems;
- 3 to 6 years of related software development experience;
- Technical knowledge across multiple areas;
- Good communication skills, reasoning skills, team player;
- Preferred experience includes knowledge of insurance and retirement services.
- Broad technology experience with core development and analytic skills;
- Services development: NodeJS, Java, SpringBoot, Python, FaaS;
- Cloud technology: AWS, EKS, VPC, S3, IAM, CloudFront, RDS, FaaS/Serverless, Teraform;
- Application design: patterns, DDD microservices, event driven architecture;
- API and Event Broker: REST service design, API Mgmt, Kong, asynch publish/subscribe, Kafka;
- Data persistence: RDBMS, NoSQL, Data Lake, SQLServer, Aurora, Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB;
- Security: IAM, OAuth2, OpenId, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Route53, APM, Logging/Audit;
- Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, Helm charts, K8s Secrets/Config Maps;
- DevOps: Terraform, GitHub, Artifactory, Automated Testing.