Job title: Software Engineer (Java)
Alternative job title:
Job tags: java, linux, developer, unix, sql
Job location: Bucharest, RO
Experience requirements: Entry level
Workfield requirements: Application Development & Programming
Contract type: Permanent full-time
Sector: Telecommunication Services
Locations: Romania - Bucuresti-Ilfov
This position is responsible for developing enterprise applications to support our client’s business in the telecommunications domain. We are looking for developers who consider themselves strong in one or more language and who have a strong visual sense to implement the designs as specified as well as build creative solutions for when there are gaps in the designs and specifications.
What will your job look like?
• Design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
• Follow Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable, and supportable, and demo the software products to stakeholders.
• Investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provide fixes and workarounds, and review changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
• Work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, and work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
• Assume technical accountability for your specific work products within an application and provide technical support during solution design for new requirements.
• You will be encouraged to actively look for innovation, continuous improvement, and efficiency in all assigned tasks.
Why you will love this job:
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Join an organization, with ever growing opportunities for growth
- Opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies
- We are a dynamic, multi-cultural organization that constantly innovates and empowers our employees to grow. Our people our passionate, daring, and phenomenal teammates that stand by each other with a dedication to creating a diverse, inclusive workplace!
- We provide stellar benefits from health to parental leave and a hybrid model to work both from the office and from home!
All you need is...
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a Relevant Field of Study (. Computer Science, Web Development, Engineering, Informatics etc.)
- A few years of demonstrable experience in Java is a must
- Basic experience in SQL and Unix/Linux
- General understanding of software design principals and RESTful APIs
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong listening and social skills that enables to interact with client peers expertly
- Good English language skills
Who are we?
At Amdocs, our purpose is to enrich lives and progress society. With our creativity and technology, we help make a better connected world. Amdocs and itsemployees serve the top tier players in the communications and media industry, enabling next-generation experiences in 85 countries. Our cloud-native, open and dynamic portfolio of digital solutions, platforms and services brings greater choice, faster time to market and flexibility, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers as they drive growth, transform and take their business to the cloud. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $ billion in fiscal 2019. For more information, visit Amdocs at