The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Learn more at:
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell Intelligrated is seeking a Software Engineer for our growing team! This is an exciting position and an opportunity to join our Project Software Engineering team based at our company headquarters in Brno, Czech Republic.
The Software Engineer will:
· Provide software engineering expertise and design skills on assigned conveyor system projects, including controls equipment, components or systems.
· Be responsible for the timely execution, as well as the technical quality and functionality of the software design and implementation of assigned systems and subsystems by following technical
specifications and design guidelines.
· Work under an experienced software engineer on project related tasks that may include researching, designing, writing, troubleshooting, and testing software programs; and
· Create technical specifications and test plans
YOU MUST HAVE
· BS Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with automation or robotic systems
· Basic knowledge of object oriented languages (C#, C++, SQL & .Net)
· Knowledge of different material handling systems a plus, including knowledge of controls hardware
· Detailed knowledge of PCs with experience in various computer operating systems and programming is required
· Travel to job sites will be required (50%)
· Understanding various software development lifecycle
· Demonstrate the ability to develop efficient and high quality software
· Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
· Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
· Effective communicator
· Can quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts
· Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
· Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
· Ability to code in multiple languages
· Driving license B group
· Dynamic and creative international work environment.
· Competitive salary.
· Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities.
· Attractive benefits including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
· Daily use of foreign languages.
· Expert leaders to support your professional development
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.