Software Development Specialist
* all languages are compulsory
If you are a passionate technologist whose ambition is to work with people delivering leading-edge software solutions, using best in class delivery practices and tooling via a DevOps model for faster to market, customer-centric solutions for our global customers, then look no further!
This role sits within the Delivery and Customer Enablement (DCE) group, whose stated purpose is to ensure the customers current & future success by delivering and enabling innovative, customer-centric software solutions. Solution Delivery and this role is key to our ability to deliver state of the art solutions, which support our customers successful transition to the world of 5G connectivity and digital transformation. Be a part of our journey and #beyourfuture.
- The ideal person for our team will be experienced in customer deployments / projects and committed to delivering excellent work with excellent people, deploying cutting edge software solutions and integrate them with the customer & partner systems, solving complex problems, thriving in a fast paced, demanding environment and eager to take on new problems and share solutions as we push forward with our innovative offerings.
- Working independently as well as collaboratively, it is core for this person to have a can-do approach to teamwork and is available for reasonable level of travels in the EMEA region.
- 10+ years of experience.
- Practical experience in developing in Java in a Unix environment.
- Experience with Telco interfaces such as Gx, Gy, Sy over Diameter or Nchf, Npcf over REST along and IT provisioning interfaces.
- Telco experience in either Charging, Policy or BSS environments.
- Experience with platforms using Kubernetes, Docker and CI/CD toolset using Jenkins.
- Previous experience in using different programming languages, such as Java, Python, Ruby, Shell etc.
- Strong Unix/Linux experience.
- Ability to work in a customer facing production environment.
- Experience in software integration Ability to configure and debug interfaces.
- Experience debugging complex technical problems from a production system.
- Relevant Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent degree and have a curiosity to learn more.
- Proven track record of delivering complex solutions to multiple customers, from defining requirements to deploying a solution.
- Experience of developing solutions using best-in-class tooling, such as IDEs, source code and deployment control systems, automated build and test systems.
- An analytical approach to problem solving.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of XML, SOAP, REST, Diameter, and other TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
Skills you will bring to the team
- Excellent analytical, communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills and the ability to run multiple tasks at a given time.
- Clear ability to set technical priorities and are comfortable making decisions on how best to deliver these
- An ability to influence key stakeholders and get buy in on technical decisions.
- Positive, solution-focused attitude and you are not afraid of a challenge.
- Collaborate effectively in a team and open to exploring all technical design options.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to your team.
- A burning desire to be your best and work in an environment where you can really have an impact.
About Orion Innovation:
Orion Innovation is a leading digital transformation and product development services firm with more than 25 years of activity. Headquartered in Edison, New Jersey, the company has a global team of over 4,750 associates, with engineers in 11 major delivery centers spread across the Americas, Europe, and APAC region.
Orion operates in a broad range of industries such as: financial services, professional services, cyber security, telecommunications and media, consumer products, automotive, industrial automation, professional sports and entertainment, life sciences, ecommerce, and education.
The main focus is to be an agile and trusted partner for business transformation initiatives, providing deep emerging technology, digital design and domain expertise.
*Only suitable candidates will be contacted.