Software Development Engineer (Embedded)
Software Development Engineer (Embedded)- Sibiu_R&D_ADAS
We build tomorrow`s technology. We are #peopleofcontinentalsibiu:
Click here to watch our location movie!
Check out your future responsibilities below
- Integrates SW modules and components into a single SW consistent with the SW architectural design;
- Develops a strategy for integrating SW consistent with the project plan;
- Assures project setup and configuration according to project plan;
- Real time debugging of issues on the target sensor;
- Participates in the development of SW components according to defined development process. Solves work packages with appropriate complexity;
- Activities which combine analytical and design knowledge with software and hardware technology, in the sense of designing, testing, implementation & modification of informatic systems which contain as main component software;
- Documents all work results using available templates. Regularly reports status and deviations (delays, process deviations) to project responsible;
- Communicates with project team in order to exchange information and identify improvement opportunities.
- You have the opportunity to be part of the software integration team and contribute to the success of our products on the worldwide roads and markets. You will be responsible to develop and release RADAR, Camera or LiDAR software which have an important impact in the functionality of the entire product.
- Good knowledge of C language;
- Excellent knowledge of software development tools and software development processes;
- Good knowledge of embedded software development and AUTOSAR;
- Good knowledge of microcontroller technology;
- Experience with Version Control Software tools - GIT knowledge represents and advantage
- Analytical skills for technical problems;
- Proactive and collaborative attitude;
- Planning and organization skills;
- Communication skills;
- Good language skills (English – required);
- Understanding of the customers and user needs and problems;
- Automotive embedded SW experience and knowledge of tools like Trace32, Vector tools, AUTOSAR Builder, Jira represents an advantage.
If you need more information click here
What we offer
Comp & Ben:
- Pay for Performance;
- Achievement Bonus & Rewards;
- Referral Bonus;
- Work Time Flexibility: mobile-work, part-time contracts, sabbatical, flexible working hours;
- Relocation Bonus (when applicable);
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas;
- Kindergarten on Site (partial subvention);
- Private Health Insurance Services (global provider, > 700 medical partners);
- Private Travel Insurance (valid worldwide);
- Restaurant and Coffee Corner on Site: daily discount, live cooking, international cuisine & outdoor terrace;
- Community Events;
- Many other benefits to enjoy after work (in partnership with Benefits Online, > offers, >800 partners).
- Career path of choice to support Technical, Leadership or Project Management aspirations;
- Personalized learning perks including digital courses;
- Ground-breaking projects in Automotive and Tech;
- Private Academic Scholarships (Bachelor/Master/PhD).
Continental Sibiu annually manufactures approximately 33 million electronic control units. The products developed, tested and manufactured in Sibiu include intelligent braking systems, driving assist systems or acceleration pedals that limit the speed in case an obstacle is detected. In present, Continental Sibiu has approximately 4500 employees. Together, they combine their knowledge in software and hardware development, design and simulation experience, innovation in artificial intelligence, big data and production processes. Half of the Continental Sibiu employees work on the production line.
In the time frameContinental invested about € billion in its Romanian operations. All the corporation’s five business areas are represented in Romania. Continental has seven production units and four research and development centers in the cities of Timisoara, Sibiu, Carei, Nadab, Brasov and Iasi. Continental cooperates in one joint venture in Iasi and has a tire distribution center in Bucharest. Continental employed aroundcolleagues by the end of, out of which a third are engineers and IT specialists working in the R&D centers.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety Business Area integrates safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics to ensure safe and comfortable driving. The objective is to implement "Vision Zero", the vision of accident-free driving. Autonomous Mobility and Safety's components and system capabilities are prerequisites for autonomous mobility.
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)