We are looking for a full-time Software Developer with sufficient experience to help us advance and expand new Data Science projects. You will be involved in almost all stages of data analysis, including data processing, exploratory data analysis, (some) machine learning, deployment in production, and presentation of results. While most projects are Data Science projects, this role will not necessarily be involved in machine learning / deep learning stages.
On a daily basis, you might write code to:
- import, transform, clean, aggregate and process data from diverse sources
- improve ETL pipelines
- conduct exploratory data analyses and create machine learning features
- create dashboards, visualizations, and reports
- conduct code reviews
- write unit tests and test existing software
- configure and automate cloud operations
The ideal candidate has an undergraduate or a graduate degree and several years of experience having a combination of the skills listed below. Remote (preferably located in Bucharest, Romania) candidates are welcome.
- ability to solve previously unseen problems with limited supervision
- does not bring only problems but also proposes solutions
- motivation and perseverance to follow through to get the job done
- desire to learn and ability to increase knowledge, self-learner
- analytical and logical mind, not thrown off by uncertainty
- proud of the quality of their work, fixes and points out code that does not meet the standard
- comfortable being productive while working remotely as part of a team
- good time management skills
- strong academic background, preferably in math, statistics, computer science, or physics
- ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written English
- must have several years (3+) of software development experience in a team environment
- must have several years (2+) of Python: Pandas, SQLalchemy, Flask / Django, APIs
- must have experience running SQL queries for PostgreSQL, MS SQL, or MySQL
- experience with Git commands and code reviews
- experience with code style guides
- Linux: install packages, config, bash
- data processing and analysis: JSON, API, CSV, etc.
Nice to have:
- Python: scikit-learn, queues, other ML/DL frameworks
- containers: Docker, docker-compose
- experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- cloud: experience with AWS or Google Cloud
- ability to leverage Jupyter Notebook / Markdown to efficiently communicate ideas
- computer science concepts: algorithms, data structures, Big O, etc.
- ability to create good data visualizations (Tableau, ggplot2, d3)
- PostgreSQL / MS SQL Server setup and configuration
Work remotely. Flexibility in setting your own working hours. Access to Python, R, and Data Science training courses and mentoring.
Please send a resume and cover letter that includes the following:
- rate your proficiency (scale 1-5) with respect to the above skills
- provide a sample of your best, non-confidential Python code (ex link to GitHub)