We are the Romanian branch of Waterford Institute, a recognized leader in the educational software market.
We are a team of more than 40 software professionals, developing, using the Agile methodology, our own products – web-based programs, helping children to learn English, Math and Science in a funny and adaptive manner.
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our growing Engineering team and help build our next generation platform for educational services.
The ideal candidate is a passionate developer that likes working with the latest technologies and enjoys keeping up to date with technology advances.
The main responsibilities of the SW Developer are implementing and designing software systems that integrate into the overall architecture and writing well designed and testable code.
• Experience working as a Software Developer
• Experience working with database systems, both SQL and NoSQL.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
• Strong self-motivation
• Excellent work ethic, dependable and responsible
• Critical thinker, with good logical and creative problem-solving skills
• Experience with mobile platforms (iOs/Android) is a plus
• We’re developing an Angular 10 application that employs a component library and several modules as standalone dependencies published to our internal NPM registry. With the help of NgRx and a deep-dive approach to RxJs operators, we are making this one of the most modular and flexible frontends out there.
• Back-end is represented by AWS ECS MicroServices built with Spring-Boot and AWS Lambda functions written in TypeScript
• We do our own deploys and manage our own services but don’t think we’re not applying the same modular approach to this side of the business: Terraform is what describes infrastructure at Waterford and the Serverless framework is what makes the lambdas soar both on AWS and offlinelambdas soar both on AWS and offline.
• We are offering flexibility, easy processes and a great atmosphere.
• We work for our own products.
• We create space to learn and to evolve, within a team of very smart and experienced colleagues you can solve really hard problems with.
• You’ll see and follow the end-to-end programming process, in a micro-services structure. Your main focus will be on writing code.
• The job we are offering comes with a compensation package you won’t want to miss.
• Our work has a huge social impact – as we are contributing to the next generations education – and you’ll have the possibility to feel the energy and determination that come with this.