Gross salary / month
1000 - 1500
What are we looking for?
The Browsers project is looking for a C++ Developer.
As a browser developer, your job would be to work closely with other members of the Browser development team on C++, writing plugins or feature support for our Dragon and IceDragon browser, writing new APIs, altering functionality for privacy and security, and making improvements to our collection of Firefox/Chromium add-ons.
- Strong C++ programming
- Possess a solid understanding of issues surrounding secure C++ programming and memory management (at least to the level of avoiding memory leaks).
- Be comfortable diving into new, unfamiliar code bases, looking for ways to alter and augment their functionality in specific.
- Be familiar with web technologies and how the web works, especially the same-origin model and web tracking.
- Familiarity and/or experience with writing add-ons and/or patches for Mozilla Firefox or other web browsers.
- Familiarity with Firefox's internal architecture, including its use of multiple processes and sandboxing.
- Know enough about networking to be able to visualize what HTTP looks like on the wire while encapsulated within Tor's network protocol.
- Open-source experience: contributed significant chunks of code to multiple open-source projects in the past.
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems, including Git.
- create a local team to be able to release products competitive with other browsers on market Chrome and Firefox;