Partially remote job (working time will be divided between remote and company's headquarters)
As a Software Developer, you have a key role in creating revolutionary, impactful software and services that our customers love.
Our software developers are a key component in our ability to provide instruments and software that enable our customers to undertake drug testing, neonatal screening, conducting food safety tests and many more applications. Our instruments have been critical in helping our customers develop covid tests and vaccines.
Our Software Developers care about software and have a passion for what they do knowing they are contributing to delivering benefit to customers and society as a whole. For our developers its more than just a job, they create quality software using the latest technologies to ensure we meet our customers expectations.
What can we offer?
Waters is a company providing good employee benefits, including a healthcare package and excellent training & development support - you can dedicate 10% of your working week to training and development.
We have a flexible approach to work with opportunities for some remote working, and maintain a friendly, productive working environment.
Remote working options are available.
As a Software Developer you will:
- Read, write, test, and build code
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gain knowledge about product requirements and work with user stories, product backlog refinement and the writing of acceptance tests.
- Contribute in filling gaps and resolving confusion in development requirements.
- Be proactive and take the initiative with development work, be proactive resolving ambiguity and contribute in decisions on the correct technical/testing approach to use for certain tasks
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team and be proactive in adopting team-level changes.
- Share knowledge in your area of expertise.
As a team member you will:
- participate in all team meetings and ceremonies in direct collaboration with other sites, provide input and feedback, take ownership on improvements
- actively participate in learning and sharing activities either during informal or formal training and demos
- demonstrate continuous technical improvement
What experience will you ideally have:
- You have a University degree (preferably in a science related subject or in engineering)
- You have C# Software Programming experience and a basic experience in applying technical standards.
- .NET and/or .NET Core experience.
- Good object-oriented design and programming skills and database knowledge
- Good communication, teamwork, analysis and decision making skills
- You are familiar with Agile methodologies.
- You are fluent in English - speaking, reading, writing - Advanced Level