* all languages are compulsory
Who We Are – MassMutual Romania
MassMutual Romania – in partnership with MassMutual in the United States – will help shape a culture of innovation and to create the digital products and technology solutions that help people secure their future and protect the ones they love.
Positioning MassMutual for its next 20 million customers and remaining innovative in a digital-first world led to the creation of MassMutual Romania in 2020. With offices in Bucharest and Cluj, MassMutual Romania was established to build an in-house team with expertise in application development and support, quality assurance and data science.
For 170 years, MassMutual has put its customers at the heart of what it does by providing holistic financial solutions, guidance, and education on their terms. Its long-term strategy helps ensure that policyowners and their loved ones can rely on them to be there when they need them most.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Software Developer to become a MassMutual Romania team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual Romania. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.
Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions, and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual Romania, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Software Developer to join our team.
The Software Developer will work from our Bucharest or Cluj office while collaborating with the Global MassMutual teams and provide support in the area. The person who will join this role will report to a local manager based in Bucharest/ Cluj and will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of working software, including but not limited to infrastructure set-up, security set-up, network set-up, development, testing, and deployment.
- Work within a scrum team to delivery high security, high quality working software
- Run lean and deliver on what is committed
- Collaborate with internal business partners and scrum team to analyze and decompose complex software features into smaller, workable stories for planning and execution
- Perform the technical implementation and testing of stories
- Ensure delivered stories meet the definition of done, including but not limited to, complying with security standards, meet performance standards, having unit, functional and end to end testing, included as part of the CI/CD deployment pipeline
- Engage with team members and be an active contributor in standups, user story mapping, backlog grooming, demos, retros, etc.
- Capture and share knowledge, mentor and coach team members and delivery partners
- Analyze, develop specifications for, and deliver enhancements; debug, solve issues/problems and maintain complex applications or system(s)
- Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of deliverables
- Contribute to software engineering and security best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability
- Be nimble, have an agile mindset, and able to adapt to changes quickly
- Lead secure cloud migrations to industry leading cloud ecosystems while establishing and maintaining a high level of security and compliance
- Build reusable security patterns and best practices for multiple clouds (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Set up multi-cloud security processes for scanning assessments, logging, SOC notifications, etc.
- Provide expertise in cloud related security operations, engineering, automation, compliance, test and evaluation, security, and accreditations, Identify and Access Management, etc.
- Collaborate with our Enterprise Security team to ensure organization’s security standards are followed and propose new standards and best practices as necessary
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent
- 3-5 years of security engineering experience
- 3-5 years of network infrastructure skills (managing firewalls, cloud networks, routing, Active Directory, etc.)
- 3-5 years of experience with setting up application security, identify and access management, data security, and infrastructure security
- 1-3 years of experience with at least one of the following backend programming languages: Python, NodeJS, Java, C#
- 1-3 years of experience developing in SQL and NoSQL databases, including but not limited to, MySQL, AWS Aurora, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Redshift, AWS Dynamo
- 3-5 years of experience working in AWS Cloud (EC2, Kubernetes, CloudFormation)
- 3-5 years of experience with AWS VPC/Subnet, AWS IAM, Key Management, Encryption, and Logging/Monitoring
- 3-5 years of experience with Git version control and GitHub
- Familiar with Agile methodology and use of tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack
- Experience collaborating with a team of developers with varying skillsets; managing and coordinating work with offshore team members in India and/or Eastern Europe in an Agile software development practice
- Demonstrated experience in a highly dynamic and team-oriented environment with a culture of inclusion, transparency and sharing
- Experience with MQ/data streaming/ESB platforms (like Kafka) a plus
- Experience with at least one of the following front-end programming languages a plus: React, Angular, Vue
- Familiarity with RESTful API applications a plus .