We are looking for a full-time Software Developer with sufficient experience to advance and expand new and existing Data Science projects. You will be involved in almost all data analysis stages, including data processing, exploratory data analysis, (some) machine learning, deployment in production, and presentation of results. While most projects are Data Science projects, this role will not necessarily involve machine learning / deep learning stages.
On a daily basis, you might write code to:
- import, transform, clean, aggregate, and process data from diverse sources
- improve ETL pipelines
- conduct exploratory data analyses and create machine learning features
- create dashboards, visualizations, and reports
- conduct code reviews
- write unit tests and test existing software
- configure and automate cloud operations
The ideal candidate has graduated recently and has a few years of experience and a combination of the qualifications and skills listed below. Remote (in Romania) candidates are welcome.
- ability to solve previously unseen problems with limited supervision
- does not bring only problems but also proposes solutions
- motivation and perseverance to follow through to get the job done
- desire to learn and ability to increase knowledge, self-learner
- analytical and logical mind, not thrown off by uncertainty
- proud of the quality of their work, fixes and points out code that does not meet the standard
- comfortable being productive while working remotely
- strong academic background, preferably in math, statistics, computer science, or physics
- ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written English
Must have (minimum):
- several years (2+) of software development experience in a team environment
- several years (2+) of Python: Pandas, Flask or Django, APIs
- knowledge of version control (git)
- good communication skills
Skills used on a daily basis:
- databases: running queries for PostgreSQL / MS SQL / MySQL
- data processing and analysis: SQL, JSON, API, CSV, etc.
- experience with code style guides and code reviews
- containers & Linux: Docker, docker-compose, bash
- cloud: experience with AWS or Google Cloud
Nice to have:
- computer science concepts: algorithms, data structures, Big O, etc.
- Python: scikit-learn, queues, other ML/DL frameworks
- basic knowledge of R
- ability to create good data visualizations (Tableau, ggplot2, d3)
- Linux: Makefile, install, admin
- PostgreSQL / MS SQL Server setup and configuration
- experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment
Work remotely. Flexibility in setting your own working hours. Access to Python, R, and Data Science training courses and mentoring.