Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
* all languages are compulsory
Waters is developing solutions that make a meaningful impact on the world
- Waters Helps Scientists in the Fight Against Cancer
- Waters Helps Ensure The Quality & Safety of Food and Beverages
- Waters Helps Drive Innovation in Chemical Materials
- Waters Helps Scientists manufacture innovation for biodegradable plastics, safer cosmetics and latest consumer electronics
- Waters Leads the way in helping scientists find ground-breaking treatments
As a Software Engineer at Waters Romania (Brasov), you will work on projects critical to our Informatics business needs.
We're looking for creative and innovative engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including data processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. We encourage all our engineers to constantly add value to themselves and the business through learning and collaboration.
We are looking for smart, self-motivated software engineers to join our truly exceptional engineering team.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Work within a formal development process covering the full development lifecycle.
- Use code design abilities (including working to SOLID principles and some knowledge of engineering for performance) to generate and document appropriate designs
- Work in collaboration with the agile team and appropriate experts to drive the teams efforts.
- Provide code and supporting documentation in accordance with the coding guidelines, quality processes and applicable procedures, including team's definition of DONE
- Work in collaboration with the agile team to generate automated and manual tests to verify implemented software.
- Provide work estimation and tracking information to support management decisions and planning.
- Keep a pro-active attitude to insure continuous improvement of the software quality, work process and individual skills
- Provide contributions to the application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security and performance
- Provide product specific and technical support to internal and external users where appropriate
As a team member you will:
- Participate in all team meetings and ceremonies in direct collaboration with other sites, provide input and feedback, take ownership on identified improvements
- Actively participate in learning and sharing activities either during informal or formal training and demos
- Demonstrate continuous technical improvement and support the technical development of the team
- You have a University degree (preferably in a science related subject or in engineering)
- You have C# or Java Software Programming experience and experience in applying technical standards
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills and data base knowledge
- You are using efficiently your communication, teamwork, analysis and decision making skills and you are familiar with Agile methodologies.
- You are familiar with CI/CD concepts and have experience in their implementation.
- Web development experience is a plus.
- You are fluent in English - speaking, reading, writing - Advanced Level
- You care about software; you have a passion for what you do which you can clearly convey by your actions and experiences. You have an eye for software design and can talk eloquently on a range of topics due to your experiences and also from reading and experimentation
- For you it’s more than a job. Among other things we’re strong advocates of creating quality software, and using the latest testing methodologies to ensure we meet the expectations of our customers