As a Software Automation Engineer you have a key role in creating revolutionary, impactful software and services that our customers love. Our Automation Engineers are a key component in our ability to provide instruments and software that enable our customers to undertake drug testing, neonatal screening, conducting food safety tests and many more applications. Our instruments have been critical in helping our customers develop covid tests and vaccines.
Our Automation Engineers care about software and have a passion for what they do knowing they are contributing to delivering benefit to customers and society as a whole. For our developers its more than just a job, they create quality software using the latest technologies to ensure we meet our customers expectations.
What is in it for you?
Waters is a company providing good employee benefits, including a healthcare package and excellent training & development support. We have a flexible approach to work with opportunities for some remote working, and maintain a friendly, productive working environment.
Remote working options are available.
As a Software Automation Engineer you will:
- Working within a formal development process covering the full development lifecycle.
- Use code design abilities (including working to SOLID principles and some knowledge of engineering for performance) to generate and document appropriate designs
- Work in collaboration with the agile team and appropriate experts to implement your designs.
- Provide code and supporting documentation in accordance with the coding guidelines, quality processes and applicable procedures, including team's definition of DONE
- Work in collaboration with the agile team to generate automated and manual tests to verify implemented software.
- Keep a pro-active attitude to insure continuous improvement of the software quality, work process and individual skills
- Provide contributions to the application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security and performance.
What will make you successful in this role:
- You have a University degree (preferably in a science related subject or in engineering) or relevant experience
- You have C++ Software Programming experience and a basic experience in applying technical standards
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills and data base knowledge
- You are using efficiently your communication, teamwork, analysis and decision making skills and you are familiar with Agile methodologies.
- You are fluent in English - speaking, reading, writing - Advanced Level
- You care about software; you have a passion for what you do which you can clearly convey by your actions and experiences. You have an eye for software design and can talk eloquently on a range of topics due to your experiences and also from reading and experimentation
- For you it’s more than a job. Among other things we’re strong advocates of creating quality software, and using the latest testing methodologies to ensure we meet the expectations of our customers.