As a Software Automation Engineer, you have a key role in creating revolutionary, impactful software and services that our customers love. Our Automation Engineers are a key component in our ability to provide instruments and software that enable our customers to undertake drug testing, neonatal screening, conducting food safety tests and many more applications. Our instruments have been critical in helping our customers develop covid tests and vaccines.
Our Automation Engineers care about software and have a passion for what they do knowing they are contributing to delivering benefit to customers and society as a whole. For our developers its more than just a job, they create quality software using the latest technologies to ensure we meet our customers expectations.
What is in it for you?
Waters is a company providing good employee benefits, including a healthcare package and excellent training & development support. We have a flexible approach to work with opportunities for some remote working, and maintain a friendly, productive working environment.
Remote working options are available.
As a Senior Software Automation Engineer, you will:
- Read, write, test, and build code
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gain knowledge about product requirements and work with user stories, product backlog refinement and the writing of acceptance tests.
- Be proactive to fill in gaps and resolve confusion in development requirements.
- Be proactive and take the initiative with development work, be proactive resolving ambiguity and make decisions on the correct technical/testing approach to use for certain tasks
- Contribute ideas to the continuous improvement of the team and be proactive in adopting and helping with team-level changes. You should take a lead with making changes happen in areas of interest or specialization.
- Share knowledge and mentor.
What will make you successful in this position:
- You have a University degree (preferably in a science related subject or in engineering)
- You have Software Programming (Object Oriented) and Automated Testing experience and a basic experience in applying technical standards
- Experience with Automated Tests related tools - knowledge on some of SpecFlow, Bamboo, Jenkins, Docker, AWS are an advantage
- Experience on API testing, performance and load testing is desired
- You are using efficiently your communication, teamwork, analysis and decision making skills and you are familiar with Agile methodologies.
- You are fluent in English - speaking, reading, writing - Advanced Level
- You care about software; you have a passion for what you do which you can clearly convey by your actions and experiences.
- You have an eye for software quality and can talk eloquently on a range of topics due to your experiences and also from reading and experimentation
- For you it’s more than a job. Among other things we’re strong advocates of creating quality software, and using the latest testing methodologies to ensure we meet the expectations of our customers.