Software Application Developer
Partially remote job (working time will be divided between remote and company's headquarters)
This is a great opportunity to come and join our biggest site which is solely dedicated to software engineering and development.
Waters is seeking a motivated and experienced Software Application Developer to support developing CI/CD systems and to support our cloud-based and on-prem products.
As a Software Application Developer you will play a key role in developing software which makes a real impact to people’s lives whether its developing Covid Tests and vaccines; helping scientists detect cancer; ensuring food safety or helping scientists develop biodegradable plastics – our work Delivers Benefit!
You will build quality automation solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment and engage in technical discussions, participate in technical designs, demonstrate problem-solving abilities, and present and share ideas through global collaboration.
A self-starter attitude, excellent communication, and dedication to innovative technologies are critical to this role.
As a Software Application Developer, you would be part of the Waters Informatics group producing software that is used by people worldwide for specialist measurement and scientific analysis. Your main responsibilities would include:
- Design and implement automated software services that support Infrastructure-as-Code principles, following the industry standards and best practices
- Provide technical expertise to engineering organization to develop a robust and scalable CI/CD solution that supports Waters' on prem products
- Offer support to development teams on their journey with CI/CD
- Stay up-to-date with market trends in tools and techniques that enrich CI/CD world
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years of recent experience with modern CI/CD solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or other related discipline is preferred.
- Application Development experience
In return you will receive:
- A plan for your personal development in your own area of specialism, pursuing this with the support of your manager to undertake the training and learning to progress.
- Competitive salary
- Annual leavedays dependent on experience and level)
- Private health insurance
- Private life insurance
- Bookster access (an online library)
- Meal tickets
- 10% self study (4 hours per week study time)
- Gym annual bonus
- EAP program