Middle (2-5 years)
* all languages are compulsory
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
Overview: The IJM Social Worker within the Aftecare Team is responsible to develop and implement IJM’s strategy for social service provision for survivors of Trafficking in Human Beings (THB). IJM is committed to a trauma-informed and multi-disciplinary response to trafficking; thus, the Social Worker will work closely with internal and external stakeholders across a range of professional disciplines, particularly law enforcement, prosecution, governmental and non-governmental social service providers, and will strengthen trauma-informed responses within each of these sectors. The Social Worker will build strategic partnerships with national, regional, and community-level social welfare officers, safe shelters, and other civil society organizations that provide social services to ensure the protection, recovery, and empowerment of survivors of THB. The Social Worker will develop strategies to strengthen coordinated social service provision where gaps are present. This position will contribute to a national program strategy that advises relevant government agencies, builds innovative partnerships, and establishes best practices for Aftercare programming within Romania. This position requires travel within Romania and some limited international travel.
Key Result Areas:
The success of this role is measured by the following KRAs:
- Trauma-Informed Case Management: Survivors of THB are protected by the justice system and empowered to restoration through trauma-informed, multi-disciplinary case management processes.
- Partnership Management: Effective partnerships are created and maintained with General Directorate of Social Assistance and Child Protection (DGASPC) officers, shelter staff, and other civil society actors capable of providing quality social services.
- Mentorship and Training: Government, shelter and civil society partners are well trained in multi-disciplinary and trauma-informed psychosocial care for survivors of THB that results in reduced vulnerability to re-victimization.
- Gap Analysis and Strategy: Clear analysis of the strengths and gaps within the governmental, shelter and civil society social service capacities and an articulated strategy for strengthening key gaps.
- Demonstrate IJM’s core values and adhere to IJM disciplines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Networking & Partnership:
- Build effective partnerships with justice system officials, social welfare officers, and other stakeholders at the regional and national level;
- Work closely with stakeholders to strengthen the trauma-informed response to survivors of THB by enhancing linkages between DGASPC officers, police, and prosecutors to ensure a trauma-informed approach is adopted by all duty bearers especially during the interviews and court preparation;
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with DGASPC staff, shelter staff, and other stakeholders to ensure safe placements and/or community reintegration, effective case management and seamless provision of services to survivors of THB;
- Convene and provide leadership in multi-disciplinary meetings with a variety of government and non-government stakeholders, and support inter-institutional dialogue and coordination on cases of THB; and
- Develop and maintain an effective network of contacts within the health, social service, and community development sectors for the benefit of survivors of THB.
Training and Development:
- Ability to develop and deliver high-quality, professional training curriculum to multi-disciplinary stakeholders;
- Support joint training programs with police, judiciary, and social welfare on survivor-friendly and trauma-informed interventions, including ethical and safety considerations for survivors of THB;
- Convene and provide leadership in multi-disciplinary meetings with a variety of government and non-government stakeholders, and support inter-institutional dialogue and coordination on cases of THB;
- Provide training on case management and service provision to DGASPC officials and shelter staff that incorporates elements of trauma-informed approaches; and
- Train and mentor all stakeholders on the incorporation of trauma-informed approaches into their service delivery.
- Provide mentoring and support to social welfare officers and justice officials to ensure that survivors of THB are provided trauma-informed protection and support throughout the investigation and court proceedings;
- Provide court preparation and support to survivors of THB; and
- Provide mentoring and support to social welfare officers and other stakeholders to empower survivors of THB towards restoration by conducting holistic assessments to evaluate survivor strengths and vulnerabilities including the safety of the home and community environment, developing individualized care and safety plans and ensuring their implementation to address vulnerabilities and critical needs, coordinating psychosocial services for survivors, monitoring and reporting survivor progress towards defined psychosocial goals and assessing sustainable safety at the time of case closure.
Documentation, Reporting & Data Management:
- Analyze and document cases of THB that can contribute to updated case management protocols;
- Work with Romania Country team members to monitor and evaluate the project, including monitoring and reporting of project targets, results, collection of data, and output delivery; and
- Work with relevant Africa & Europe regional personnel on the development of data measurement tools to measure the impact of aftercare strategies.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, master or advanced degree preferred. Minimum three years of relevant experience in provision of case management services, implementing psychosocial assessments and interventions.
- Experience in networking and partnering with social service providers.
- Capacity to develop and deliver trainings in English and Romanian to government and non-governmental agency partners.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite with ability to quickly learn and consistently use other software systems for purposes of case management, M&E and documentation.
- Registered and in good standing with the National College of Social Workers required.
- Strong understanding of trauma and proven application of trauma-informed approaches within case management and/or clinical interventions.
- Proven ability to mentor, guide and coach multi-disciplinary stakeholders. Prior experience working with law enforcement or justice system officials preferred.
- Fluent in written and oral communication in Romanian and English.
- Excellent writing, documentation and reporting skills, including the ability to maintain digital records and generate high-quality reports on all casework interventions, stakeholder interactions, etc.
- Ability to contribute or develop program proposals an advantage.
- Passionate commitment to IJM’s mission and values including bridge building and professional.
- Servant leader, humble.
- Courageous, ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Attention to detail, organized and disciplined with priorities.
- Professional in demeanor, appearance, writing and oral communication.
- Works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Intelligent, creative and proactive problem solver.
- Diplomatic and flexible with strong service ethics.
- Ability to contribute outside of the designated areas of responsibility, team player.
- Part-time, potentially developing into full-time
- Ability to travel within Romania and within Europe, up to 30% of the time
- Romanian driver’s license preferred.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities for the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All positions are required to perform any additional tasks assigned by the supervisor. Please submit a CV or resume and cover letter to . Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.