Snr. Database Development Cloud Engineer
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - advanced
As a Snr. Database Development Cloud Engineer within the EMEA Solution Engineering HUB (SE HUB), your goal is to support the EMEA Technology Cloud Engineering organizations in activities such as:
- Developing proof of concepts/custom demos and positioning Oracle’s Database Development products by presenting compelling technology solutions to Oracle customers
- Responding to tenders by providing commercially savvy answers to solution/product questions posed by customers to aid their selection of new products/solutions
- Running Workshops to advise customers and partners on how to best use Oracle products
- Researching and learning Emerging Technology and Processes
A significant portion of your time will also be used to stay up to date on the latest product releases and Oracle’s cloud strategy. This is done through self-study, online training, and classroom trainings depending on the topic.
In Oracle SE HUB we believe it’s very important that the candidate has the characteristics to easily develop the right mindset for the job. This would mean that you feel responsible for making sure that the customer embraces the benefits of our solutions, based on your understanding of the real business needs of that customer. For the SE HUB, we are looking for individuals who are willing to take on the challenge of building excellent product knowledge (Database Development & associated technologies) and to combine this with a good commercial sense, clear communication while working in an international environment.
The JOB PROFILE:
To fulfill the role of a Database Development Cloud Engineer, we are looking for individuals that match the following profile:
- Good understanding of IT
- Works in an IT related role today (pre-sales consultant, database developer, application developer)
- Good understanding of the following areas:
- Expertise in core database/ data warehouse technologies
- Expertise in hands on SQL, PL/SQL
- Working experience in APEX is highly desirable
- Exposure to REST service development is a big plus
- Good understanding of Oracle Database Options is a big plus
- Experience with SQL Developer or PL/SQL Developer is a nice to have
- Experience in SQL performance tuning is a nice to have
- Experience with scripting and programming languages such as Python or Java is a nice to have
- Experience with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) is a nice to have
- Cloud (Platform & Infrastructure) experience is a plus
- Experience with managing Unix like operating systems. Linux experience is a strong plus.
- Competitive knowledge on cloud products and offerings is desired
- Good English communication skills, both oral and written! You are able to not only understand complex technologies but also to explain to others in clear and simple terms. You can articulate key messages very clearly.
- Proactive approach to the job working with virtual teams and interacting with people across the organization
- Excellent presentation skills with a creative approach
- Openness to work with different regions & cultures (you will support most of the countries in Europe, Middle East & Africa)
- Results orientation, you won’t be satisfied until the job is done with the right quality!
- Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many colleagues spread out in different countries
- Self-motivated , quickly adapting to change, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
It’s important you have the eagerness to learn! Oracle has an incredibly broad (and growing) portfolio of industry leading products. If you find it interesting and fun to pick up a new product and master these in a very short timeframe, this is the place to be!