About the company:
Our client is the global leader in trusted identities for an increasingly digital world, with the ambition to empower citizens and consumers alike to interact, pay, connect, travel and vote in ways that are now possible in a connected environment.
Our client has as main objective: the identification, authentication, and securing of people and objects, with areas of expertise in: artificial intelligence, biometrics, cryptography, embedded systems and software and cyber security.
The main markets are: civil identity (ID, passport), smart payment and telecom transactions, smart cards, public security and airport security.
With close to €3bn in revenues the company countsemployees of more than 80 nationalities and serves clients in 180 countries.
The company has so far 150 people in Bucharest (growing), working in IT business with mainly Engineers population dedicated for software development and worldwide customers’ support.
The future SRE Manager will be leading a team of Service Reliability Engineers, responsible for the availability of the Digital applications and delivery of external clients’ requests.
- Leading the team on both technical and management level
- Driving Service improvements on the level of technical solutions and procedures
- Leading the team during course of incidents for troubleshooting and post incident to identify root cause during problem management
- Acting as point of escalation and take ownership of major incidents
- Working collaboratively with other Operations teams as Infrastructure, Service Desk, Customer Management, Service Management and 3rd parties
- Working in collaboration with the Development Teams, in order to understand applications and drive resolution of bugs
- Coaching and mentoring the team, develop the knowledge of applications and related technologies (monitoring, deployment etc.)
- Participating in the deployment and support of applications on a CI/CD platform
The future SRE Manager will report to the VP Datacenter and Cloud Operations.
The position is based in Bucharest. After 6-9 months it will require relocation in Paris.
- 5 years in Application Support for external customers
- 5 years of experience in Linux OS and scripting
- 3 years of experience operating or overseeing operations of Kubernetes clusters
- Management experience
- Familiarity with development process for applications written in Java
- Familiarity with deployment methods for applications deployed in Docker
- Nice to have: DevOps culture approach
- French Language is a must
- Committed and customer oriented
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and other third party companies
- Able to provide written reports in a formal documentation format
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work and interact effectively in a team environment
- Be available to work flexible hours and extra hours in case of emergencies
- Be senior enough to independently control the team/s