Site Reliability Engineer
Middle (2-5 years)
Why should you join us?
Our Site Reliability Engineers help finding an optimal balance between high reliability, maintainability, scalability and velocity of our software products. While running large-scale applications in production, SREs focus on production readiness by developing continuous monitoring and self healing techniques, mitigating common issues, providing transparency about alerts and incident root causes, a spart of instilling a blameless prostmortem culture. SREs also take part in the software delivery lifecycle, automate manual processes and build supporting tools.
- As part of an agile team you will be involved in all phases of software engineering, from inception to coding, testing, delivery and operation
- Increase the productivity of development teams by focusing on the cross-functional aspects like scalability, availability, maintainability, reliability, etc.
- Support development teams throughout the software development lifecycle by applying techniques of monitoring, observability and alerting, and by leading blameless postmortems after major incidents
- Strive for a high degree of automation on every level
- Continuously develop yourself, eager to share your knowledge and take over responsibility
- As part of the team you constantly seek out feedback while developing new features and always keep the code base clean and deployable to production
Skills we are looking for:
- You have a degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or equivalent
- You have exceptional verbal communication skills, open collaboration and strong attention to detail
Mindset/Ways of working:
- You have experience in dealing with difficult situations and you can make, when necessary, decisions with a sense of urgency
- You have experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems and you are always thinking “What happens if this fails?”
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- You have experience and knowledge of technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Postgres, Kafka, Jenkins, Gitlab or similar
- You are experienced in application monitoring and familiar with tools like Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack or similar
- You have experience working with Cloud providers (. Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- You have knowledge of web security and networking
What we offer?
- Opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies
- Career programs
- Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation
- Flexible working hours
- Lunch tickets
- Medical subscription and life insurance
- Private pension
- Fitness centers discounts, sports activities and other company events
- Good transport connections and free parking
- Relaxation area (ping pong, foosball, massage)
- Free account
- And…fresh orange juice, good coffee, fresh fruits.