Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: Service Management Assistant
Duration: Initial 6 months, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for a Service Management Assistant for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
The successful candidate will provide on-going support to ICC Service Management Assistant and related services and will participate in the automation projects and tasks for ICC and Partners.
The candidate will:
• Assisting in updating the technical information database, the Configuration Management Database, Change Management workflow, CRM system, other Service Management related systems, procedures and operating level agreements;
• Assisting in drafting, developing or improving service policies, service reports or technical documentation;
• Following up customer complaints and incidents when necessary to ensure timely resolution, identifying and employing measures to prevent recurrence of incidents;
• Assisting in providing training for ICC partner supported systems or processes;
• Logging service calls and emails in the customer CRM system;
• Analyse and resolve incidents on ICC supported services according to established operational procedures;
• In case of emergencies, provide support (either on-site or remotely using VPN connectivity) outside normal working hours.
• Provide standby and on-call support, if and when required.
• Work in shifts as part of ICC’s extended service coverage scheme, if and when required.
• Perform other duties as required.
• ITIL foundation certification
• Experience in reporting or database querying (. Transact SQL)
• Experience in working for a service provider
• Very good English communication skills to manage relationships with customers and internal teams
• Experience in drafting technical documentation
Education and Experience:
• Degree in IT related area or engineering. Alternatively, degree in other area supplemented by training in IT, preferably with diploma.
• At least two (2) years of experience in information technology or related area, including at least one year (1) working in an IT service provider (. Service Desk, Application Support).
• Desirable: Certification in ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation
• Very good knowledge of English (both written and verbal) is required.