Servers Support Engineer (HW) - French
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
This Technical Support Engineer position is for the SPARC Domain, which is part of the Oracle Customer Support Services organization. The primary focus of this role is to deliver remote post-sales technical support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer
This position requires fluency in French and English
Major Activities / Responsibilities:
- Provide telephone and/or web post-sales SPARC/Solaris support in French and English.
- Facilitate resolution mediating between Oracle Technical Support key resources and the customer in a timely manner.
- Perform problem isolation and resolution, using system software and diagnostics tools.
- When necessary, escalate calls to the appropriate level of support with complete and accurate information.
- Display and maintain high level of professional behavior at all times.
- Assist in ensuring Customer Satisfaction goals are met.
- Documenting resolutions to assist with possible future problem resolution.
- Effectively prioritize workload and manage list of outstanding customer queries.
- Act as a technical resource to peers as needed to help resolve customer problems for your area of expertise.
- Use Call Management tools to update all involved activities accurately.
- BS/ degree in Computer Science/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Fluent Frencheaker.
- Participate in a 7x24 on-call rotation duty on weekends/holidays as business needs.
- Excellent telephone and e-mail etiquette are essential.
- Ability and level of comfort with speaking on the phone for extended periods of time.
- Be flexible, effective team work skills & able to work independently.
- Highly self-motivated, able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical skills in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Ability to self-learn new technologies or product features.
- Experience in customer services; customer focused, with a pro-active and responsive approach.
- Understanding of the concepts of technical support including respond to customer issues within deadlines, with great communication skills.
- Experience working with SPARC servers products (Sun legacy and/or actual Oracle SPARC products), and Unix/Solaris Operating system (different versions) will be highly valued.
- Sun/Oracle Certified System Administrator, Sun/Oracle Certified Network Administrator, or equivalent certifications will be a plus.
- x86/x64 Servers, Linux administration, Network, Storage, Cluster concepts and troubleshooting knowledge will also be positively evaluated.