Senior Technical Product Owner
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - advanced
Axway is looking to expand our Bucharest Development Center with an innovative and enthusiastic Senior Technical Product Owner who will guide the design and development of our EDI/B2B Integration Solution. He/she will be based in Bucharest but will join our global team of Product owners which is responsible for our B2B/EDI and MFT Integration solutions.
- Articulating the “what” and “why” of product releases.
- The Product owner defines the product backlog. You must ensure the backlog maximizes value to the stakeholders and engineering teams are always working on the highest value items. To achieve this, you must be competent at absorbing, evaluating, challenging & balancing input from multiple sources including corporate vision/strategy, Product managers, engineering, support and Customers.
- Empowers the engineering teams to be autonomous: This role is responsible for effective communication (verbally, visually, and in writing) with the engineering teams to determine the scope of work of a given release. The Product owner relies on and trusts the expertise of the engineering team to determine “how” requirements should be addressed, including architecture, design patterns, and implementation details.
- Guaranteeing an effective feedback loop into development. The Product owner communicates regularly with all stakeholders to ensure a rapid and effective feedback loop into development progress and decisions. You will spend a significant portion of your time writing detailed EPICs and designing mock-ups but must also remain highly accessible to the engineering team to receive updates on progress, discuss obstacles to progress, and facilitate trade-off decisions required on a day to day basis. The Product Owner manages the priority and content of the engineering backlog, clarifies acceptance criteria and user scenarios and validates that all deliverables in a sprint are “done”.
- Delighting customer. The Product owner represents The Users at all times and is committed to delivering products that not only satisfy customer requirements but also excites them. This role is intent on going above and beyond to anticipate user needs and invoking a pleasurable experience throughout the deployment, usage, and maintenance.
- This role includes occasional travel.
- A good technical understanding and relevant hands-on experience of data exchange/integration/middleware domain (EDI or alternatively MFT or EAI or ETL, etc.); a good understanding of secure communication protocol (SFTP, AS2, OFTP, etc.); solid knowledge of communication security algorithms; a good understanding of the API domain would be a plus
- Capable of translating business constructs into detailed requirements and instigating healthy debate and ambitious thinking
- Has built credibility and a reputation for guiding engineering agile teams to execute on quality deliverables, . user stories, user experience, backlog management etc.
- Balances how to play his/her position by focusing on the “what” and “why” instead of the “how” while collaborating without boundaries to ensure transparency into timelines, quality of delivery, exposure to risk, barriers to execution, business viability, and remediation plans
- Strong aptitude for hands-on creation of compelling visual and persuasive written content for internal and external consumption
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural, cross-functional, geographically-distributed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (excellent working knowledge of English is essential).
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable academic training in User-Centered Design, Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems.
- Master of Science or comparable post-graduate academic training, a plus.
- 3+ years of progressive product owner/manager with a reputation of delighting customers, meeting tight deadlines, and fostering collaborative working relationships with engineering.
- Background with direct responsibility as a user experience designer, business analyst, pre-sales consultant, or technical support engineer, a plus.
This is what our candidates can expect from us if they choose to join our team:
- Career development: Employee career development is one of Axway’s major company values; and we are deeply committed to helping them leverage the promotion and job mobility opportunities that are right for them.
In addition, Axway’s global presence creates opportunities for geographical mobility both within Axway subsidiaries.
- An important training plan (technical, product & functional) in order to ensure your integration and your performance
- A competitive remuneration package and real benefits (meal tickets, private medical insurance and dental, Bookster, Safari, E-library, gym access, Fruit Day etc)
- A future and potential for growth in an international company
- A very friendly working environment with experienced professionals
- Get challenged with important tasks so they can show their full potential and obtain new skills
- Working time that can be flexible when needed
- Work from home policy
- More paid vacation – 25 days/year
- Open office space with various entertainment opportunities – table tennis, sports and more!