Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - Advanced
* all languages are compulsory
Monthly net salary
1000 - 1001
Toluna delivers real-time consumer insights at the speed of the on-demand economy. By combining global scale and local expertise with innovative technology and award-winning research design, we help clients explore tomorrow, now.
Toluna is the parent company of Harris Interactive Europe and KuRunData. Together, we strive to push the field of market research toward a better tomorrow.
To complete our R&D team in Timisoara and support our growth globally, we are looking for a Senior Support Engineer.
The primary role of the R&D Support team is to provide high level (2nd and 3rd tier) support for a variety of Toluna products and help guide the R&D team to product solutions. The ideal candidate would have experience with software development, SQL expertise as well as excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical problems, reproduce issues and propose solutions. This will include reading/following/debugging code, in exceptional cases modifying code, writing/running SQL queries, and troubleshooting various APIs;
- Analyse application logs, database records and code snippets to identify common trends and underlying problems;
- Review and debug code based on issues and help identify the problem area that needs to be addressed by the application developers;
- Manage technical support documentation recording workarounds/solutions and best practices.
- Propose and write integration tests
- Provide technical support to product owners and help triage complex issues to the right resources
- Training other team members on support related tasks and investigation techniques;
- Involvement in an on-call rotation for urgent support issues.
Required skill set:
- 3+ years’ experience in technical support or software development role (C# or Java applications);
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Experience supporting/developing RESTful APIs
- Ability to understand and write complex SQL queries;
- Able to confidently read/follow/debug complex code to understand how an application works
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with AWS;
- Linux/Unix commands.
- Familiarity with load testing tools like JMeter
- Experience in client-facing support/development role
- Ability to teach/train others in an organized, professional manner.
- Ability to operate under minimal supervision in a high pressure/fast-paced environment;
- Flexibility to change and quick to adapt.
What we offer: Here at Toluna you will find amazing, forward thinking professionals who like to learn and grow. We pride ourselves on collaborating and sharing expertise, we know that strong teams bring out the best in our staff members. This is why we offer a broad range of benefits:
- Professional & personal growth: Training opportunities and career development plan.
- Financial package: Competitive salary, performance bonus.
- Health: Private medical insurance.
- Office comfort & fun: Central building location, relaxing room (X-box, Ping Pong table).
- Work-life balance: Working from home policy.
Join our global team. We welcome big thinking and reward great work.