Senior Software Developer - OS Image
You are an energetic engineer, willing to learn, take initiative and get things done? You would like to work with newest cloud technologies in an international team? If you have deep knowledge of the operating systems MS Windows and Linux plus strong coding skills, you may be our ideal candidate.
What You’ll Work With:
Our team within Oracle IT, part of the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure organization, will build a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) for Oracle’s internal workforce. This includes a VM request portal, automated provisioning of virtual compute instances in the Oracle Cloud, automated security and network rule setup and a remote desktop access solution.
- You’ll create and test virtual machine images and manage their lifecycle
- You’ll write code to automate installation and configuration of software on Windows and Linux
- You’ll participate in set up and operation of a remote desktop solution.
- Involvement in all areas of the VDI solution will be the challenge; being part of the project from initiation to full production operation will be the reward.
What We Require:
- Deep knowledge of Windows, Windows Server, Linux and experience as system admin
- Scripting skills - shell, Python
- Familiarity with upgrade and patching under Linux and Windows
- Experience with Oracle Secure Global Desktop or MS Remote Desktop and virtualization technologies