The role of the Senior Software Engineer in Automated Testing is to develop, test and maintain software, working within and across teams, producing high-quality software with a focus on meeting team-iteration, project milestone, and release goals.
We're looking for creative and innovative engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including distributed computing, large-scale system design and testing, networking and data storage, security, UI design and mobile, working practices and methodologies that make our customers' and our developers' lives easier; the list goes on and is growing every day. We encourage all our engineers to constantly add value to themselves and the business through learning and collaboration.
We are looking for smart, self-motivated software engineers to join our truly exceptional engineering team in Brasov.
Waters is developing solutions that make a meaningful impact on the world
- Waters Helps Scientists in the Fight Against Cancer
- Waters Helps Ensure The Quality & Safety of Food and Beverages
- Waters Helps Drive Innovation in Chemical Materials
- Waters Helps Scientists manufacture innovation for biodegradable plastics, safer cosmetics and latest consumer electronics
- Waters Leads the way in helping scientists find ground-breaking treatments
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on automated testing you will:
Read, write, test, and build code:
- Design, write, test, maintain, review, and improve code. You should be proficient working on complex tasks. . medium to large scale, legacy code, variety of test-automation approaches and test execution environments, varying development models and technologies, complex build configuration tasks.
Work with project requirements:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gain knowledge about product requirements. Be proficient working with user stories, product backlog refinement and the writing of acceptance tests. Ensure you understand the requirements of work in the current iteration, including the “why”. Be proactive to fill in gaps and resolve confusion in development requirements.
Be proactive and take the initiative with development work:
- You should be proactive in resolving ambiguity and questioning why with respect to the goals of the development tasks you work on. You should have the experience to decide what technical/testing approach to use for certain tasks, but also be comfortable collaborating with others, both within and without your team, when necessary to make progress.
Contribute to the continuous improvement of the group:
- Contribute ideas to the continuous improvement of the team and be proactive in adopting and helping with team-level changes. You should take a lead with making changes happen in areas of interest or specialization.
Share knowledge and mentor:
- Look for opportunities to share knowledge and help others, both within your team and beyond. Encourage team learning. Help and guide more junior members when asked. You should have the experience and ability to teach some technical concepts.
Work within quality procedures:
- Carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the Quality Policy and all applicable procedures. You should know the software development process you work with.
- You have a University degree (preferably in a science related subject or in engineering)
- You have Software Programming (Object Oriented) and Automated Testing experience and a basic experience in applying technical standards
- Experience with Automated Tests related tools - knowledge on some of SpecFlow, Bamboo, Jenkins, Docker, AWS are an advantage
- Experience on API testing, performance and load testing is desired
- You are using efficiently your communication, teamwork, analysis and decision making skills and you are familiar with Agile methodologies.
- You are fluent in English - speaking, reading, writing - Advanced Level
- You care about software; you have a passion for what you do which you can clearly convey by your actions and experiences. You have an eye for software quality and can talk eloquently on a range of topics due to your experiences and also from reading and experimentation
- For you it’s more than a job. Among other things we’re strong advocates of creating quality software, and using the latest testing methodologies to ensure we meet the expectations of our customers